Dec 24, 2013, 12:54 PM EST
That’s really all you need to say for people to know what you’re talking about.
Christian Laettner’s turnaround, buzzer-beating foul line jumper that capped off what may just be the greatest game in the history of college basketball. Everyone except for Kentucky fans will forever remember that moment fondly.
And now the jersey that Laettner was wearing during that game is on the auction block.
Bidding for the jersey over at Lelands.com begins at $100,000, but the auction closes on January 10th. So I guess if you make out well from Santa this year, you can go ahead and buy the jersey instead of putting a down payment on a house or paying for two years of your kid’s college education. (Sigh, I’m never having kids.)
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)