Dec 24, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
That’s really all you need to say for people to know what you’re talking about.
Christian Laettner’s turnaround, buzzer-beating foul line jumper that capped off what may just be the greatest game in the history of college basketball. Everyone except for Kentucky fans will forever remember that moment fondly.
And now the jersey that Laettner was wearing during that game is on the auction block.
Bidding for the jersey over at Lelands.com begins at $100,000, but the auction closes on January 10th. So I guess if you make out well from Santa this year, you can go ahead and buy the jersey instead of putting a down payment on a house or paying for two years of your kid’s college education. (Sigh, I’m never having kids.)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (77)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)