Dec 24, 2013, 12:54 PM EST
That’s really all you need to say for people to know what you’re talking about.
Christian Laettner’s turnaround, buzzer-beating foul line jumper that capped off what may just be the greatest game in the history of college basketball. Everyone except for Kentucky fans will forever remember that moment fondly.
And now the jersey that Laettner was wearing during that game is on the auction block.
Bidding for the jersey over at Lelands.com begins at $100,000, but the auction closes on January 10th. So I guess if you make out well from Santa this year, you can go ahead and buy the jersey instead of putting a down payment on a house or paying for two years of your kid’s college education. (Sigh, I’m never having kids.)
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 2
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss 3
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Georgetown discusses becoming first college basketball team to wear ‘I Can’t Breathe’ T-shirts (PHOTO) (9)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)