Dec 25, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Recruiting never stops, even on a holiday. On Wednesday the Washington Huskies received a third commitment in its 2014 class, as 6-foot-5 guard Quevyn Winters announced his decision via Twitter. Winters, who began his college career at Duquesne, is currently averaging 11.5 points and 4.7 rebounds per game at Indian Hills (Iowa) JC. He joins forwards Donaven Dorsey and Tristan Etienne in Lorenzo Romar’s recruiting haul for the 2014-15 campaign.
As a freshman at Duquesne Winters was one of the more productive newcomers on the Atlantic 10, posting averages of 9.6 points and 3.9 rebounds in 30 games (eight starts). His best game as a Duke came in Duquesne’s 84-83 win at Temple on February 14, 2013, as he accounted for a career-high 22 points (8-for-9 FG) to go along with three rebounds.
In his lone season at Duquesne, Winters shot 44.2% from the field and 37.9% from beyond the arc.
With leading scorer C.J. Wilcox in his senior season Washington will need to figure out how they’ll account for the 20.7 points per game the fifth-year senior is currently providing. Current players such as Andrew Andrews, Nigel Williams-Goss and Jernard Jarreau (he’s missing all of this season due to a torn ACL) will help and the same can be said of Winters when he arrives on campus next summer.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)