Dec 25, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Recruiting never stops, even on a holiday. On Wednesday the Washington Huskies received a third commitment in its 2014 class, as 6-foot-5 guard Quevyn Winters announced his decision via Twitter. Winters, who began his college career at Duquesne, is currently averaging 11.5 points and 4.7 rebounds per game at Indian Hills (Iowa) JC. He joins forwards Donaven Dorsey and Tristan Etienne in Lorenzo Romar’s recruiting haul for the 2014-15 campaign.
As a freshman at Duquesne Winters was one of the more productive newcomers on the Atlantic 10, posting averages of 9.6 points and 3.9 rebounds in 30 games (eight starts). His best game as a Duke came in Duquesne’s 84-83 win at Temple on February 14, 2013, as he accounted for a career-high 22 points (8-for-9 FG) to go along with three rebounds.
In his lone season at Duquesne, Winters shot 44.2% from the field and 37.9% from beyond the arc.
With leading scorer C.J. Wilcox in his senior season Washington will need to figure out how they’ll account for the 20.7 points per game the fifth-year senior is currently providing. Current players such as Andrew Andrews, Nigel Williams-Goss and Jernard Jarreau (he’s missing all of this season due to a torn ACL) will help and the same can be said of Winters when he arrives on campus next summer.
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 0
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 0
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 5
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)