Dec 25, 2013, 5:19 PM EDT
Recruiting never stops, even on a holiday. On Wednesday the Washington Huskies received a third commitment in its 2014 class, as 6-foot-5 guard Quevyn Winters announced his decision via Twitter. Winters, who began his college career at Duquesne, is currently averaging 11.5 points and 4.7 rebounds per game at Indian Hills (Iowa) JC. He joins forwards Donaven Dorsey and Tristan Etienne in Lorenzo Romar’s recruiting haul for the 2014-15 campaign.
As a freshman at Duquesne Winters was one of the more productive newcomers on the Atlantic 10, posting averages of 9.6 points and 3.9 rebounds in 30 games (eight starts). His best game as a Duke came in Duquesne’s 84-83 win at Temple on February 14, 2013, as he accounted for a career-high 22 points (8-for-9 FG) to go along with three rebounds.
In his lone season at Duquesne, Winters shot 44.2% from the field and 37.9% from beyond the arc.
With leading scorer C.J. Wilcox in his senior season Washington will need to figure out how they’ll account for the 20.7 points per game the fifth-year senior is currently providing. Current players such as Andrew Andrews, Nigel Williams-Goss and Jernard Jarreau (he’s missing all of this season due to a torn ACL) will help and the same can be said of Winters when he arrives on campus next summer.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The top four players remain the same.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
The redshirt junior has not played since January 2014.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The rising sophomore was originally being blocked from transferring to 55 schools.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Ohio State begins its 2017 class with a local product.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led USA Basketball with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
Given Oregon’s many perimeter options, minutes were likely to be at a premium for Rorie in 2015-16.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
A lot of unranked players made their way into the top five in a surprisingly deep class.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led four Americans in double figures with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Minnesota is one of four schools the 6-foot-10 center is reportedly considering.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The lone school to host the Georgia native on an official visit is considered to be the favorite in this recruiting race.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Oregon still has a date to fill (December 29), which the school expects to be filled by an in-state opponent.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
This is nasty.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The Class of 2007 produced some very good players, including one who’s an NBA MVP and others who have developed into perennial all-stars.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:53 PM EDT
I’m a big fan of these, particularly the dark grey ones.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Cell phone addiction is a national crisis.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
Can anyone guess what that moment is?
Jul 2, 2015, 10:09 AM EDT
This is something else.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
The Golden Bears should still be alright this season.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Dillard becomes Oklahoma State’s fourth addition to the program.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)