Dec 26, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Aaric Murray is one of the most intriguing stories in college basketball this season.
A former top 100 recruit, Murray is talented enough to make, at the least, an NBA summer league roster. But after burning out at both La Salle and West Virginia — you know it’s a bad sign when Bob Huggins gives up on you — Murray landed at Texas Southern.
They play in the SWAC, also known as basketball’s no-mans land.
Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom, and that’s precisely what happened with Murray, who has been terrific for Mike Davis and TSU this season. That includes a 48-point performance in a win at Temple last week.
CSN Philly put together a terrific feature on Murray, who is making the most of his third chance.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)