Dec 26, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Aaric Murray is one of the most intriguing stories in college basketball this season.
A former top 100 recruit, Murray is talented enough to make, at the least, an NBA summer league roster. But after burning out at both La Salle and West Virginia — you know it’s a bad sign when Bob Huggins gives up on you — Murray landed at Texas Southern.
They play in the SWAC, also known as basketball’s no-mans land.
Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom, and that’s precisely what happened with Murray, who has been terrific for Mike Davis and TSU this season. That includes a 48-point performance in a win at Temple last week.
CSN Philly put together a terrific feature on Murray, who is making the most of his third chance.
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)