Dec 26, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Aaric Murray is one of the most intriguing stories in college basketball this season.
A former top 100 recruit, Murray is talented enough to make, at the least, an NBA summer league roster. But after burning out at both La Salle and West Virginia — you know it’s a bad sign when Bob Huggins gives up on you — Murray landed at Texas Southern.
They play in the SWAC, also known as basketball’s no-mans land.
Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom, and that’s precisely what happened with Murray, who has been terrific for Mike Davis and TSU this season. That includes a 48-point performance in a win at Temple last week.
CSN Philly put together a terrific feature on Murray, who is making the most of his third chance.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)