Dec 26, 2013, 3:39 PM EST
Aaric Murray is one of the most intriguing stories in college basketball this season.
A former top 100 recruit, Murray is talented enough to make, at the least, an NBA summer league roster. But after burning out at both La Salle and West Virginia — you know it’s a bad sign when Bob Huggins gives up on you — Murray landed at Texas Southern.
They play in the SWAC, also known as basketball’s no-mans land.
Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom, and that’s precisely what happened with Murray, who has been terrific for Mike Davis and TSU this season. That includes a 48-point performance in a win at Temple last week.
CSN Philly put together a terrific feature on Murray, who is making the most of his third chance.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)