Dec 26, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT
Aaric Murray is one of the most intriguing stories in college basketball this season.
A former top 100 recruit, Murray is talented enough to make, at the least, an NBA summer league roster. But after burning out at both La Salle and West Virginia — you know it’s a bad sign when Bob Huggins gives up on you — Murray landed at Texas Southern.
They play in the SWAC, also known as basketball’s no-mans land.
Sometimes you need to hit rock bottom, and that’s precisely what happened with Murray, who has been terrific for Mike Davis and TSU this season. That includes a 48-point performance in a win at Temple last week.
CSN Philly put together a terrific feature on Murray, who is making the most of his third chance.
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)