Dec 26, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
Miami (OH) will lose their second-leading scorer to a transfer, according to a report.
Chicago Hoops is reporting that sophomore guard Reggie Johnson has asked for and received a release from the Redhawks.
“It was a very difficult to make this decision because of my relationship with my teammates and the staff, but sometimes things just don’t work out and I realized that and decided to transfer,” said Johnson.
Johnson was averaging 11.8 points this season, but had scored 20 three different times. Consistency was the issue, as he also failed to score five points on four different occasions.
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)