Dec 26, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
Miami (OH) will lose their second-leading scorer to a transfer, according to a report.
Chicago Hoops is reporting that sophomore guard Reggie Johnson has asked for and received a release from the Redhawks.
“It was a very difficult to make this decision because of my relationship with my teammates and the staff, but sometimes things just don’t work out and I realized that and decided to transfer,” said Johnson.
Johnson was averaging 11.8 points this season, but had scored 20 three different times. Consistency was the issue, as he also failed to score five points on four different occasions.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)