Dec 26, 2013, 1:46 PM EDT
Miami (OH) will lose their second-leading scorer to a transfer, according to a report.
Chicago Hoops is reporting that sophomore guard Reggie Johnson has asked for and received a release from the Redhawks.
“It was a very difficult to make this decision because of my relationship with my teammates and the staff, but sometimes things just don’t work out and I realized that and decided to transfer,” said Johnson.
Johnson was averaging 11.8 points this season, but had scored 20 three different times. Consistency was the issue, as he also failed to score five points on four different occasions.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (75)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)