Dec 26, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
Miami (OH) will lose their second-leading scorer to a transfer, according to a report.
Chicago Hoops is reporting that sophomore guard Reggie Johnson has asked for and received a release from the Redhawks.
“It was a very difficult to make this decision because of my relationship with my teammates and the staff, but sometimes things just don’t work out and I realized that and decided to transfer,” said Johnson.
Johnson was averaging 11.8 points this season, but had scored 20 three different times. Consistency was the issue, as he also failed to score five points on four different occasions.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 7
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (9)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can the ACC produce four Final Four teams? (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Report: Kansas transfer Conner Frankamp considering Colorado, Wichita State (3)