Dec 26, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
Miami (OH) will lose their second-leading scorer to a transfer, according to a report.
Chicago Hoops is reporting that sophomore guard Reggie Johnson has asked for and received a release from the Redhawks.
“It was a very difficult to make this decision because of my relationship with my teammates and the staff, but sometimes things just don’t work out and I realized that and decided to transfer,” said Johnson.
Johnson was averaging 11.8 points this season, but had scored 20 three different times. Consistency was the issue, as he also failed to score five points on four different occasions.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)