Dec 27, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
Wisconsin has been one of the best and most surprising teams this season. And Frank Kaminsky has been one of the most pleasant surprises on not just the Badgers, but in college basketball. Kaminsky is averaging 14.6 ppg and 5.8 rpg, which is better than ten points more than his season average for 2012-13.
Earlier in December against Milwaukee, Kaminsky hurt is foot. He sat out the practices in between the Milwaukee and Eastern Kentucky games, but was still able to play 24 minutes against the Colonels. That, alone, should tell you Kaminsky’s foot injury wasn’t all too serious.
According to Jim Polzin of WiscNews.com, Kaminsky is back to his normal self, and running on his foot no longer hinders him.
Said Kaminsky of the minor injury: “[I] just kind of stepped on somebody’s foot and tweaked it a little bit. It hurt to run a little bit. We had some time off, so I took a little time to rest it.”
Fortunately for the Badgers and Kaminsky, final exams were just around the corner and there was a two week break. Now, with a final tune-up against Prairie View A&M on Saturday, Kaminsky will be full-go for the Big Ten opener at Northwestern.
Wisconsin associate head coach Greg Gard explained the benefits of the two week layoff: “We got some little bumps and bruises healed up (and) those guys get a chance to get with their families. It gives them a little bit of a reprieve before we have our last non-conference game and then jump into the Big Ten.”Follow @KLDoyle11
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)