Dec 27, 2013, 5:56 PM EST
Wisconsin has been one of the best and most surprising teams this season. And Frank Kaminsky has been one of the most pleasant surprises on not just the Badgers, but in college basketball. Kaminsky is averaging 14.6 ppg and 5.8 rpg, which is better than ten points more than his season average for 2012-13.
Earlier in December against Milwaukee, Kaminsky hurt is foot. He sat out the practices in between the Milwaukee and Eastern Kentucky games, but was still able to play 24 minutes against the Colonels. That, alone, should tell you Kaminsky’s foot injury wasn’t all too serious.
According to Jim Polzin of WiscNews.com, Kaminsky is back to his normal self, and running on his foot no longer hinders him.
Said Kaminsky of the minor injury: “[I] just kind of stepped on somebody’s foot and tweaked it a little bit. It hurt to run a little bit. We had some time off, so I took a little time to rest it.”
Fortunately for the Badgers and Kaminsky, final exams were just around the corner and there was a two week break. Now, with a final tune-up against Prairie View A&M on Saturday, Kaminsky will be full-go for the Big Ten opener at Northwestern.
Wisconsin associate head coach Greg Gard explained the benefits of the two week layoff: “We got some little bumps and bruises healed up (and) those guys get a chance to get with their families. It gives them a little bit of a reprieve before we have our last non-conference game and then jump into the Big Ten.”Follow @KLDoyle11
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 3
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 1
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)