Dec 27, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
Wisconsin has been one of the best and most surprising teams this season. And Frank Kaminsky has been one of the most pleasant surprises on not just the Badgers, but in college basketball. Kaminsky is averaging 14.6 ppg and 5.8 rpg, which is better than ten points more than his season average for 2012-13.
Earlier in December against Milwaukee, Kaminsky hurt is foot. He sat out the practices in between the Milwaukee and Eastern Kentucky games, but was still able to play 24 minutes against the Colonels. That, alone, should tell you Kaminsky’s foot injury wasn’t all too serious.
According to Jim Polzin of WiscNews.com, Kaminsky is back to his normal self, and running on his foot no longer hinders him.
Said Kaminsky of the minor injury: “[I] just kind of stepped on somebody’s foot and tweaked it a little bit. It hurt to run a little bit. We had some time off, so I took a little time to rest it.”
Fortunately for the Badgers and Kaminsky, final exams were just around the corner and there was a two week break. Now, with a final tune-up against Prairie View A&M on Saturday, Kaminsky will be full-go for the Big Ten opener at Northwestern.
Wisconsin associate head coach Greg Gard explained the benefits of the two week layoff: “We got some little bumps and bruises healed up (and) those guys get a chance to get with their families. It gives them a little bit of a reprieve before we have our last non-conference game and then jump into the Big Ten.”Follow @KLDoyle11
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (7)