Dec 27, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
Wisconsin has been one of the best and most surprising teams this season. And Frank Kaminsky has been one of the most pleasant surprises on not just the Badgers, but in college basketball. Kaminsky is averaging 14.6 ppg and 5.8 rpg, which is better than ten points more than his season average for 2012-13.
Earlier in December against Milwaukee, Kaminsky hurt is foot. He sat out the practices in between the Milwaukee and Eastern Kentucky games, but was still able to play 24 minutes against the Colonels. That, alone, should tell you Kaminsky’s foot injury wasn’t all too serious.
According to Jim Polzin of WiscNews.com, Kaminsky is back to his normal self, and running on his foot no longer hinders him.
Said Kaminsky of the minor injury: “[I] just kind of stepped on somebody’s foot and tweaked it a little bit. It hurt to run a little bit. We had some time off, so I took a little time to rest it.”
Fortunately for the Badgers and Kaminsky, final exams were just around the corner and there was a two week break. Now, with a final tune-up against Prairie View A&M on Saturday, Kaminsky will be full-go for the Big Ten opener at Northwestern.
Wisconsin associate head coach Greg Gard explained the benefits of the two week layoff: “We got some little bumps and bruises healed up (and) those guys get a chance to get with their families. It gives them a little bit of a reprieve before we have our last non-conference game and then jump into the Big Ten.”Follow @KLDoyle11
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)