Dec 27, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
Wisconsin has been one of the best and most surprising teams this season. And Frank Kaminsky has been one of the most pleasant surprises on not just the Badgers, but in college basketball. Kaminsky is averaging 14.6 ppg and 5.8 rpg, which is better than ten points more than his season average for 2012-13.
Earlier in December against Milwaukee, Kaminsky hurt is foot. He sat out the practices in between the Milwaukee and Eastern Kentucky games, but was still able to play 24 minutes against the Colonels. That, alone, should tell you Kaminsky’s foot injury wasn’t all too serious.
According to Jim Polzin of WiscNews.com, Kaminsky is back to his normal self, and running on his foot no longer hinders him.
Said Kaminsky of the minor injury: “[I] just kind of stepped on somebody’s foot and tweaked it a little bit. It hurt to run a little bit. We had some time off, so I took a little time to rest it.”
Fortunately for the Badgers and Kaminsky, final exams were just around the corner and there was a two week break. Now, with a final tune-up against Prairie View A&M on Saturday, Kaminsky will be full-go for the Big Ten opener at Northwestern.
Wisconsin associate head coach Greg Gard explained the benefits of the two week layoff: “We got some little bumps and bruises healed up (and) those guys get a chance to get with their families. It gives them a little bit of a reprieve before we have our last non-conference game and then jump into the Big Ten.”Follow @KLDoyle11
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)