Dec 28, 2013, 11:30 AM EDT
Although Andrew Wiggins is one of the more popular freshman college basketball players in recent memory, he is still rather shy and — especially as a person off-the-court — we’re still getting to know the Canadian basketball phenom.
In an interesting profile on the Wiggins brothers by the AP’s Dave Skretta, we get a little more knowledge of how Andrew and his older brothers — oldest Mitchell Jr. at NAIA Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida, and middle brother Nick at Wichita State — interact with each other and their family.
A couple of interesting takeaways include Mitchell Jr. and Andrew taking more after their mother and being quieter and more reserved while Nick acts like the outgoing Mitchell Sr., and I also didn’t realize that all of Kansas’ games are being broadcast on TSN this season, which is the first time a college basketball team has had all of their games broadcast on the Canadian sports television network.
You can read more on the Wiggins brothers and get to know their family a bit more with the complete article here.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)