Dec 28, 2013, 11:18 AM EST
Seton Hall center Gene Teague suffered a scary injury on Friday night.
As you can see in the video above, Teague’s legs were taken out from underneath him and he fell to the ground, landing on the left side of his head. He was knocked unconscious and, according to head coach Kevin Willard, dealing with “seizure-like” convulsions. He was diagnosed with a concussion.
It doesn’t get much scarier than that.
The good news?
The Big Fella seems like he’s going to be just fine:
I want to thank everyone for there love and prayers I'm good y'all 💪💪💪 #tripleblessed🙏🙏🙏
— Gene Teague (@Teezyshu21) December 28, 2013
Sitting with the big fella now at St Barnabas and he looks great! Still a little groggy but 100 times better than last night!!
— Kevin Willard (@KevinWillard) December 28, 2013
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)