Dec 28, 2013, 11:18 AM EST
Seton Hall center Gene Teague suffered a scary injury on Friday night.
As you can see in the video above, Teague’s legs were taken out from underneath him and he fell to the ground, landing on the left side of his head. He was knocked unconscious and, according to head coach Kevin Willard, dealing with “seizure-like” convulsions. He was diagnosed with a concussion.
It doesn’t get much scarier than that.
The good news?
The Big Fella seems like he’s going to be just fine:
I want to thank everyone for there love and prayers I'm good y'all 💪💪💪 #tripleblessed🙏🙏🙏
— Gene Teague (@Teezyshu21) December 28, 2013
Sitting with the big fella now at St Barnabas and he looks great! Still a little groggy but 100 times better than last night!!
— Kevin Willard (@KevinWillard) December 28, 2013
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)