Dec 28, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Seton Hall center Gene Teague suffered a scary injury on Friday night.
As you can see in the video above, Teague’s legs were taken out from underneath him and he fell to the ground, landing on the left side of his head. He was knocked unconscious and, according to head coach Kevin Willard, dealing with “seizure-like” convulsions. He was diagnosed with a concussion.
It doesn’t get much scarier than that.
The good news?
The Big Fella seems like he’s going to be just fine:
I want to thank everyone for there love and prayers I'm good y'all 💪💪💪 #tripleblessed🙏🙏🙏
— Gene Teague (@Teezyshu21) December 28, 2013
Sitting with the big fella now at St Barnabas and he looks great! Still a little groggy but 100 times better than last night!!
— Kevin Willard (@KevinWillard) December 28, 2013
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)