Dec 28, 2013, 11:18 AM EDT
Seton Hall center Gene Teague suffered a scary injury on Friday night.
As you can see in the video above, Teague’s legs were taken out from underneath him and he fell to the ground, landing on the left side of his head. He was knocked unconscious and, according to head coach Kevin Willard, dealing with “seizure-like” convulsions. He was diagnosed with a concussion.
It doesn’t get much scarier than that.
The good news?
The Big Fella seems like he’s going to be just fine:
I want to thank everyone for there love and prayers I'm good y'all 💪💪💪 #tripleblessed🙏🙏🙏
— Gene Teague (@Teezyshu21) December 28, 2013
Sitting with the big fella now at St Barnabas and he looks great! Still a little groggy but 100 times better than last night!!
— Kevin Willard (@KevinWillard) December 28, 2013
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)