Dec 28, 2013, 9:24 PM EDT
George Washington guard Kethan Savage has already made two appearances in the “POSTERIZED” series this season, and in the Colonials’ 69-58 win at Hofstra on Saturday he locked up a third with an emphatic one-handed dunk. But more importantly the win moved George Washington to 11-1 on the season, and Mike Lonergan’s team has been one of the nation’s biggest surprises after being picked to finish tenth in the Atlantic 10’s preseason poll.
Indiana transfer Maurice Creek led the way against Hofstra with 17 points, with Savage (12 points) and forward Kevin Larsen (14, seven rebounds) finishing in double figures as well.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)