Dec 28, 2013, 9:24 PM EST
George Washington guard Kethan Savage has already made two appearances in the “POSTERIZED” series this season, and in the Colonials’ 69-58 win at Hofstra on Saturday he locked up a third with an emphatic one-handed dunk. But more importantly the win moved George Washington to 11-1 on the season, and Mike Lonergan’s team has been one of the nation’s biggest surprises after being picked to finish tenth in the Atlantic 10’s preseason poll.
Indiana transfer Maurice Creek led the way against Hofstra with 17 points, with Savage (12 points) and forward Kevin Larsen (14, seven rebounds) finishing in double figures as well.
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)