Dec 28, 2013, 4:29 PM EDT
In their final non-conference game before the start of Big East play, Marquette beat Samford 71-48. Routine beating for the Golden Eagles, and a game that featured a dunk that was anything but “routine” by freshman Deonte Burton. Samford’s Emeka Ikezu attempted to get in the way but was unsuccessful.
Burton was all over the stat sheet in the win, accounting for 13 points, four rebounds, three blocks, two assists and two steals off the bench. And he’ll be a key figure for the Golden Eagles moving forward, as the preseason favorite to win the Big East will need to rack up the quality wins in conference play.
Here’s another angle:
Original video from MUTV Sports
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0