Dec 28, 2013, 4:10 PM EDT
Less than two weeks ago Utah State announced that leading scorer and rebounder Jarred Shaw was suspended indefinitely, and on Saturday afternoon a possible reason for the suspension was made public.
According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Shaw was charged on Friday with distribution of a controlled substance, with the charge being a second-degree felony. Other charges include a misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia and a misdemeanor count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
In connection with the case, an underaged girl was referred to juvenile court.
Shaw, who was averaging 16.1 points and 7.8 rebounds per game when head coach Stew Morrill suspended him from the team, has missed three games for the Aggies. Utah State has beaten Western Illinois, UCSB and Troy, and they were picked to finish fifth in the Mountain West in the league’s preseason poll.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)