Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Prior to Central Connecticut State’s close win over Albertus Magnus on Sunday afternoon, it was learned that the senior guard has been declared academically ineligible according to Mike Anthony of the Hartford Courant. Hunter, who averaged 15.3 points and 7.7 rebounds per game as a junior, was averaging 9.3 points and 6.3 rebounds in 12 games for the Blue Devils.
In their first game without the versatile Hunter the Blue Devils struggled against Albertus Magnus, winning 85-82 behind 22 points and ten rebounds from Faronte Drakeford and 20 points from Kyle Vinales. Terrell Allen added 18 points and nine rebounds off the bench, and with Hunter’s departure he may become a more important player moving forward.
Now 4-8 on the season, Howie Dickenman’s Blue Devils have one more non-conference game (Friday at Coastal Carolina) before opening NEC play on January 9 at Wagner. CCSU was picked to finish fifth in the league’s preseason poll, but the loss of Hunter could make it difficult to hang with the likes of three-time defending champion LIU Brooklyn, Wagner, Bryant and Robert Morris.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0