Dec 29, 2013, 2:20 PM EST
As we near the end of the year, weight is a popular concern, whether it be taking off some pounds added during the holidays, or getting ready to get back into shape to start the New Year.
While many are looking to lose weight, Florida State sophomore enter Boris Bojanovsky is looking to get bigger, taking in a ridiculous 5,000 calories a day. The gigantic daily intake is a necessity for the 7-foot-3 center, whose weight can bounce around from 225 to 235, according to Natalie Pierre of the Tallahassee Democrat.
The Seminoles won’t mind the countless groceries if it means production on the floor for Bojanovsky, who is averaging 6.9 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game. He recorded a career-high seven blocks in Florida State’s 60-55 win over then No. 22 UMass on Dec. 21. The last of those seven rejections came with 1:20 to play, as he swatted Cady Lalanne’s bucket that would have put the Minutemen up three. That would be the last look UMass got on the day, as Florida State scored the final six points.
He ended with four points, but in the four previous games he had reached double figures.
“I’ve just gotten more adjusted to our system. I’m getting more opportunities now since I’m playing a little bit more now,” Bojanovsky told Pierre. “I’m just trying to help my team with blocking shots.”
Bojanovsky’s presence around the rim has been a plus for a Florida State team picked to finish ninth in the ACC this season.
Florida State has one more game — Monday against Charleston Southern — before beginning conference play.
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 22
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 5
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)