Dec 29, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
As we near the end of the year, weight is a popular concern, whether it be taking off some pounds added during the holidays, or getting ready to get back into shape to start the New Year.
While many are looking to lose weight, Florida State sophomore enter Boris Bojanovsky is looking to get bigger, taking in a ridiculous 5,000 calories a day. The gigantic daily intake is a necessity for the 7-foot-3 center, whose weight can bounce around from 225 to 235, according to Natalie Pierre of the Tallahassee Democrat.
The Seminoles won’t mind the countless groceries if it means production on the floor for Bojanovsky, who is averaging 6.9 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game. He recorded a career-high seven blocks in Florida State’s 60-55 win over then No. 22 UMass on Dec. 21. The last of those seven rejections came with 1:20 to play, as he swatted Cady Lalanne’s bucket that would have put the Minutemen up three. That would be the last look UMass got on the day, as Florida State scored the final six points.
He ended with four points, but in the four previous games he had reached double figures.
“I’ve just gotten more adjusted to our system. I’m getting more opportunities now since I’m playing a little bit more now,” Bojanovsky told Pierre. “I’m just trying to help my team with blocking shots.”
Bojanovsky’s presence around the rim has been a plus for a Florida State team picked to finish ninth in the ACC this season.
Florida State has one more game — Monday against Charleston Southern — before beginning conference play.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)