Dec 29, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
As we near the end of the year, weight is a popular concern, whether it be taking off some pounds added during the holidays, or getting ready to get back into shape to start the New Year.
While many are looking to lose weight, Florida State sophomore enter Boris Bojanovsky is looking to get bigger, taking in a ridiculous 5,000 calories a day. The gigantic daily intake is a necessity for the 7-foot-3 center, whose weight can bounce around from 225 to 235, according to Natalie Pierre of the Tallahassee Democrat.
The Seminoles won’t mind the countless groceries if it means production on the floor for Bojanovsky, who is averaging 6.9 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per game. He recorded a career-high seven blocks in Florida State’s 60-55 win over then No. 22 UMass on Dec. 21. The last of those seven rejections came with 1:20 to play, as he swatted Cady Lalanne’s bucket that would have put the Minutemen up three. That would be the last look UMass got on the day, as Florida State scored the final six points.
He ended with four points, but in the four previous games he had reached double figures.
“I’ve just gotten more adjusted to our system. I’m getting more opportunities now since I’m playing a little bit more now,” Bojanovsky told Pierre. “I’m just trying to help my team with blocking shots.”
Bojanovsky’s presence around the rim has been a plus for a Florida State team picked to finish ninth in the ACC this season.
Florida State has one more game — Monday against Charleston Southern — before beginning conference play.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)