Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Georgia Tech looked like they had a win locked up at Charlotte, leading 53-45 with 1:26 left.
The Yellow Jackets would eventually go on to win, but it wasn’t quite how Brian Gregory drew it up. Charlotte reeled off a 10-2 run, tying the game at 55 on a three when Georgia Tech turned the ball over with 16 seconds left.
That set the table for a wild finish, as Trae Golden buried a three with 3.6 seconds left. Pierria Henry answered with a three of his own, but it game a split second after the buzzer sounded.
Georgia Tech desperately needed this win after losing at Vanderbilt last weekend. Golden finished with 24 points.
- CBT Quotables Part 1: Jawun Evans, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere and more 0
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 2 Recap: Huntington Prep tandem enjoys productive Thursday 0
- adidas Unrivaled Day 1: Brandon Ingram gets the best of Jaylen Brown, Ray Smith hurts his knee 0
- Reebok Breakout Classic Day 2 Recap: Derrick Jones puts on a show 0
- Five-star 2015 forward Henry Ellenson working to become a more versatile player 1
- Diamond Stone discusses his package deal, recent weight loss 2
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 1 Recap: College players shine, LeBron joins high school campers 1
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Former NBA champion Robert Horry: ‘I hate AAU basketball’ (VIDEO) (4)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)