Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Georgia Tech looked like they had a win locked up at Charlotte, leading 53-45 with 1:26 left.
The Yellow Jackets would eventually go on to win, but it wasn’t quite how Brian Gregory drew it up. Charlotte reeled off a 10-2 run, tying the game at 55 on a three when Georgia Tech turned the ball over with 16 seconds left.
That set the table for a wild finish, as Trae Golden buried a three with 3.6 seconds left. Pierria Henry answered with a three of his own, but it game a split second after the buzzer sounded.
Georgia Tech desperately needed this win after losing at Vanderbilt last weekend. Golden finished with 24 points.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)