Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Georgia Tech looked like they had a win locked up at Charlotte, leading 53-45 with 1:26 left.
The Yellow Jackets would eventually go on to win, but it wasn’t quite how Brian Gregory drew it up. Charlotte reeled off a 10-2 run, tying the game at 55 on a three when Georgia Tech turned the ball over with 16 seconds left.
That set the table for a wild finish, as Trae Golden buried a three with 3.6 seconds left. Pierria Henry answered with a three of his own, but it game a split second after the buzzer sounded.
Georgia Tech desperately needed this win after losing at Vanderbilt last weekend. Golden finished with 24 points.
- Caris LeVert to return to Michigan for his senior season 0
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 1
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)