Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Georgia Tech looked like they had a win locked up at Charlotte, leading 53-45 with 1:26 left.
The Yellow Jackets would eventually go on to win, but it wasn’t quite how Brian Gregory drew it up. Charlotte reeled off a 10-2 run, tying the game at 55 on a three when Georgia Tech turned the ball over with 16 seconds left.
That set the table for a wild finish, as Trae Golden buried a three with 3.6 seconds left. Pierria Henry answered with a three of his own, but it game a split second after the buzzer sounded.
Georgia Tech desperately needed this win after losing at Vanderbilt last weekend. Golden finished with 24 points.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)