Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Georgia Tech looked like they had a win locked up at Charlotte, leading 53-45 with 1:26 left.
The Yellow Jackets would eventually go on to win, but it wasn’t quite how Brian Gregory drew it up. Charlotte reeled off a 10-2 run, tying the game at 55 on a three when Georgia Tech turned the ball over with 16 seconds left.
That set the table for a wild finish, as Trae Golden buried a three with 3.6 seconds left. Pierria Henry answered with a three of his own, but it game a split second after the buzzer sounded.
Georgia Tech desperately needed this win after losing at Vanderbilt last weekend. Golden finished with 24 points.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)