Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Georgia Tech looked like they had a win locked up at Charlotte, leading 53-45 with 1:26 left.
The Yellow Jackets would eventually go on to win, but it wasn’t quite how Brian Gregory drew it up. Charlotte reeled off a 10-2 run, tying the game at 55 on a three when Georgia Tech turned the ball over with 16 seconds left.
That set the table for a wild finish, as Trae Golden buried a three with 3.6 seconds left. Pierria Henry answered with a three of his own, but it game a split second after the buzzer sounded.
Georgia Tech desperately needed this win after losing at Vanderbilt last weekend. Golden finished with 24 points.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)