Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Georgia Tech looked like they had a win locked up at Charlotte, leading 53-45 with 1:26 left.
The Yellow Jackets would eventually go on to win, but it wasn’t quite how Brian Gregory drew it up. Charlotte reeled off a 10-2 run, tying the game at 55 on a three when Georgia Tech turned the ball over with 16 seconds left.
That set the table for a wild finish, as Trae Golden buried a three with 3.6 seconds left. Pierria Henry answered with a three of his own, but it game a split second after the buzzer sounded.
Georgia Tech desperately needed this win after losing at Vanderbilt last weekend. Golden finished with 24 points.
- St. Bonaventure upsets Saint Louis with a three at the buzzer (VIDEO) 0
- Bubble Banter: Monster day for teams on the cutline 1
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed up for grabs 4
- Bubble Banter: Who will earn a bid to the Big Dance? 2
- Did Sterling Gibbs’ game-winner end Villanova’s hopes for a No. 1 seed? (VIDEO) 1
- Bracketology: It’s Moving Day for March Madness 2
- Bubble Banter: Did Georgetown’s bubble just burst? 0
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (5)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (5)