Dec 29, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Georgia Tech looked like they had a win locked up at Charlotte, leading 53-45 with 1:26 left.
The Yellow Jackets would eventually go on to win, but it wasn’t quite how Brian Gregory drew it up. Charlotte reeled off a 10-2 run, tying the game at 55 on a three when Georgia Tech turned the ball over with 16 seconds left.
That set the table for a wild finish, as Trae Golden buried a three with 3.6 seconds left. Pierria Henry answered with a three of his own, but it game a split second after the buzzer sounded.
Georgia Tech desperately needed this win after losing at Vanderbilt last weekend. Golden finished with 24 points.
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 2
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 4
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 22
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)