Dec 30, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Georgia Tech 58, Charlotte 55
Trae Golden went for 24 points and hit a three with 3.6 seconds left to give the Yellow Jackets the win. But it wasn’t quite that simple for Brian Gregory’s club, as Charlotte erased a 53-45 deficit in the final 1:26. After Golden’s three, Charlotte’s Pierria Henry hit a three at the other end but it came a split-second after the final buzzer.
1. Eric Atkins scored a career-high 30 points and hit six threes as Notre Dame picked up a much-needed overtime win over Canisius.
2. Cleanthony Early had 24 points and 10 boards as No. 10 Wichita State held off a scrappy Davidson team, 81-70.
3. Joseph Young continued his all-american caliber season, hitting for 24 points and four assists as No. 12 Oregon knocked off Morgan State, 97-76.
1. Antoine Mason, the nation’s leading scorer, went for a season-high 39 points as Niagara beat Brown 68-65.
2. Georgia State picked up a win over East Carolina and it was Manny Atkins who starred tonight. He finished with 27 points and 12 boards. It’s also worth noting Ryan Harrow went for 24 points and nine assists and R.J. Hunter added 22.
3. Doug McDermott finished with 24 points and six boards as Creighton picked up a blowout win over Chicago State.
1. Frantz Massenat combined to go 8-for-33 from the floor and 0-for-11 from three in a 55-52 loss to Buffalo.
2. Savannah State shot just 24.9% from the floor in a 76-34 loss to No. 13 Florida.
3. Tulsa head coach Danny Manning got tossed midway through the second half in an 85-74 loss at Maryland.
- Dyshawn Pierre finished with 19 points as Dayton knocked off Murray State, 72-51.
- West Virginia head William & Mary to 25.5% shooting from the floor in an 82-45 win.
- Washington shot 26-for-30 from the foul line as they held off Hartford, 73-67. C.J. Wilcox led all scorers with 23 points.
- In his return after missing two games with a knee, Oregon State’s Angus Brandt accounted for 21 points and five rebounds in the Beavers’ 76-68 win over Quinnpiac.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)