Dec 30, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Georgia Tech 58, Charlotte 55
Trae Golden went for 24 points and hit a three with 3.6 seconds left to give the Yellow Jackets the win. But it wasn’t quite that simple for Brian Gregory’s club, as Charlotte erased a 53-45 deficit in the final 1:26. After Golden’s three, Charlotte’s Pierria Henry hit a three at the other end but it came a split-second after the final buzzer.
1. Eric Atkins scored a career-high 30 points and hit six threes as Notre Dame picked up a much-needed overtime win over Canisius.
2. Cleanthony Early had 24 points and 10 boards as No. 10 Wichita State held off a scrappy Davidson team, 81-70.
3. Joseph Young continued his all-american caliber season, hitting for 24 points and four assists as No. 12 Oregon knocked off Morgan State, 97-76.
1. Antoine Mason, the nation’s leading scorer, went for a season-high 39 points as Niagara beat Brown 68-65.
2. Georgia State picked up a win over East Carolina and it was Manny Atkins who starred tonight. He finished with 27 points and 12 boards. It’s also worth noting Ryan Harrow went for 24 points and nine assists and R.J. Hunter added 22.
3. Doug McDermott finished with 24 points and six boards as Creighton picked up a blowout win over Chicago State.
1. Frantz Massenat combined to go 8-for-33 from the floor and 0-for-11 from three in a 55-52 loss to Buffalo.
2. Savannah State shot just 24.9% from the floor in a 76-34 loss to No. 13 Florida.
3. Tulsa head coach Danny Manning got tossed midway through the second half in an 85-74 loss at Maryland.
- Dyshawn Pierre finished with 19 points as Dayton knocked off Murray State, 72-51.
- West Virginia head William & Mary to 25.5% shooting from the floor in an 82-45 win.
- Washington shot 26-for-30 from the foul line as they held off Hartford, 73-67. C.J. Wilcox led all scorers with 23 points.
- In his return after missing two games with a knee, Oregon State’s Angus Brandt accounted for 21 points and five rebounds in the Beavers’ 76-68 win over Quinnpiac.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)