Dec 30, 2013, 1:11 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: Georgia Tech 58, Charlotte 55
Trae Golden went for 24 points and hit a three with 3.6 seconds left to give the Yellow Jackets the win. But it wasn’t quite that simple for Brian Gregory’s club, as Charlotte erased a 53-45 deficit in the final 1:26. After Golden’s three, Charlotte’s Pierria Henry hit a three at the other end but it came a split-second after the final buzzer.
1. Eric Atkins scored a career-high 30 points and hit six threes as Notre Dame picked up a much-needed overtime win over Canisius.
2. Cleanthony Early had 24 points and 10 boards as No. 10 Wichita State held off a scrappy Davidson team, 81-70.
3. Joseph Young continued his all-american caliber season, hitting for 24 points and four assists as No. 12 Oregon knocked off Morgan State, 97-76.
1. Antoine Mason, the nation’s leading scorer, went for a season-high 39 points as Niagara beat Brown 68-65.
2. Georgia State picked up a win over East Carolina and it was Manny Atkins who starred tonight. He finished with 27 points and 12 boards. It’s also worth noting Ryan Harrow went for 24 points and nine assists and R.J. Hunter added 22.
3. Doug McDermott finished with 24 points and six boards as Creighton picked up a blowout win over Chicago State.
1. Frantz Massenat combined to go 8-for-33 from the floor and 0-for-11 from three in a 55-52 loss to Buffalo.
2. Savannah State shot just 24.9% from the floor in a 76-34 loss to No. 13 Florida.
3. Tulsa head coach Danny Manning got tossed midway through the second half in an 85-74 loss at Maryland.
- Dyshawn Pierre finished with 19 points as Dayton knocked off Murray State, 72-51.
- West Virginia head William & Mary to 25.5% shooting from the floor in an 82-45 win.
- Washington shot 26-for-30 from the foul line as they held off Hartford, 73-67. C.J. Wilcox led all scorers with 23 points.
- In his return after missing two games with a knee, Oregon State’s Angus Brandt accounted for 21 points and five rebounds in the Beavers’ 76-68 win over Quinnpiac.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)