Dec 30, 2013, 11:30 PM EST
Oklahoma State eased past Robert Morris with a 92-66 win on Monday night in Stillwater, but the No. 6 Cowboys have to be concerned about the status of starting center Michael Cobbins going forward.
The 6-foot-8 Cobbins left the game 3 1/2 minutes into the contest with an apparent Achilles tendon injury and never returned as head coach Travis Ford and the Cowboys hope for the best.
Ford told the Associated Press following the game that Cobbins would be examined by doctors on Tuesday.
“It doesn’t look good,” Ford said of the injury to Cobbins.
Losing Cobbins, who has started all 13 games while averaging 4.5 points and 4.3 rebounds for the Cowboys, would be a huge loss for Oklahoma State because their frontcourt depth can’t withstand an injury to a starter with experience like Cobbins.
Despite losing Cobbins — and Marcus Smart going for a season-low seven points — the Cowboys prevailed easily on Monday thanks to 27 assists on 32 field goals.
The Cowboys will now rely on Kamari Murphy even more down low and other pieces in the frontcourt will need to step up to fill the void if Cobbins is out for any length of time.
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)