Dec 31, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
Oklahoma State ran away with a 92-66 win over Robert Morris on Monday night, but in the process ended up losing a key piece for the remainder of the season.
Junior forward Michael Cobbins played less than four minutes on Monday night, leaving an Achilles tendon injury. After being examined on Tuesday, Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World reported that the 6-foot-8 Cobbins will undergo surgery and will be done for the season.
“Our thoughts are with Michael, and we pray for a successful recovery,” Travis Ford said, per a tweet from Hines. “We know Michael will work extremely hard and be back next season, better than ever.”
Cobbins was averaging 4.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game for No. 6 Oklahoma State. This is a tough loss for the Cowboys with Big 12 Conference play beginning this Saturday. The Cowboys have Marcus Smart leading one of the nation’s best perimeter attacks, but how will the Pokes frontline matchup with some of the other conference contenders like Kansas or Baylor?
Oklahoma State travels to Manhattan on Saturday to take on Kansas State.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)