Jan 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
Creighton won their Big East opener in convincing fashion last night, pasting Marquette in front of 18,525 fans in Omaha.
That was the third-largest crown in Creighton history, something you would expect from a school making the jump from the Missouri Valley to the Big East.
Those fans at the CenturyLink Center were rowdy as well. After a TV timeout during the first half, when the speakers cut off Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” before the song was over, the crowd continued singing, helping force a Marquette turnover:
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)