Jan 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Creighton won their Big East opener in convincing fashion last night, pasting Marquette in front of 18,525 fans in Omaha.
That was the third-largest crown in Creighton history, something you would expect from a school making the jump from the Missouri Valley to the Big East.
Those fans at the CenturyLink Center were rowdy as well. After a TV timeout during the first half, when the speakers cut off Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” before the song was over, the crowd continued singing, helping force a Marquette turnover:
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)