Jan 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Creighton won their Big East opener in convincing fashion last night, pasting Marquette in front of 18,525 fans in Omaha.
That was the third-largest crown in Creighton history, something you would expect from a school making the jump from the Missouri Valley to the Big East.
Those fans at the CenturyLink Center were rowdy as well. After a TV timeout during the first half, when the speakers cut off Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” before the song was over, the crowd continued singing, helping force a Marquette turnover:
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)