Jan 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Creighton won their Big East opener in convincing fashion last night, pasting Marquette in front of 18,525 fans in Omaha.
That was the third-largest crown in Creighton history, something you would expect from a school making the jump from the Missouri Valley to the Big East.
Those fans at the CenturyLink Center were rowdy as well. After a TV timeout during the first half, when the speakers cut off Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” before the song was over, the crowd continued singing, helping force a Marquette turnover:
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 4
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)