Jan 1, 2014, 2:34 PM EDT
Creighton won their Big East opener in convincing fashion last night, pasting Marquette in front of 18,525 fans in Omaha.
That was the third-largest crown in Creighton history, something you would expect from a school making the jump from the Missouri Valley to the Big East.
Those fans at the CenturyLink Center were rowdy as well. After a TV timeout during the first half, when the speakers cut off Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” before the song was over, the crowd continued singing, helping force a Marquette turnover:
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)