Jan 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Just days after making the decision to leave the Indiana program, freshman forward Luke Fischer announced via his Twitter account on Wednesday that he will not be considering any Big Ten schools for his next destination. A native of Germantown, Wisconsin, Fischer averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per contest in his 13-game Indiana career.
Out of respect for coach Crean and Indiana university I will not be considering any big 10 schools during this process—
Luke Fischer (@Bigfishy44) January 02, 2014
Fischer picked Indiana over Creighton and Iowa while also holding offers from Marquette and Boston College, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel at the time of his commitment to the Big Ten school. The Big Ten changed its intra-conference transfer rule for the 2011-12 season, as student-athletes were previously unable to receive an athletic scholarship form their second institution.
Obviously that won’t be a concern for Fischer, as he’s decided to not transfer to another Big Ten school.
- ACC Tournament: Pitt locks up tourney bid by beating struggling No. 16 North Carolina 1
- Atlantic 10 Tournament: St. Bonaventure upsets Saint Louis with a three at the buzzer (VIDEO) 6
- Bubble Banter: Monster day for teams on the cutline 1
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed up for grabs 5
- Bubble Banter: Who will earn a bid to the Big Dance? 2
- Did Sterling Gibbs’ game-winner end Villanova’s hopes for a No. 1 seed? (VIDEO) 1
- Bracketology: It’s Moving Day for March Madness 2
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- Atlantic 10 Tournament: St. Bonaventure upsets Saint Louis with a three at the buzzer (VIDEO) (6)
- Big Ten Tournament: Flailing Buckeyes overcome double-digit deficit, shock Nebraska (6)