Jan 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
With the combination of New Year’s Eve bowl games and college basketball games with more suspense, No. 18 Memphis’ 88-73 win over USF in the American opener for both teams didn’t receive a great deal of attention. Josh Pastner’s Tigers were expected to take care of business against the undermanned Bulls and that they did, with Geron Johnson accounting for a team-high 19 points to go along with five steals and four steals.
The play of the game? That would be Joe Jackson’s coast-to-coast drive and flush to end the first half, giving Memphis a 48-32 lead at the intermission. Impressive stuff from the 6-foot-1 senior guard.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)