Jan 1, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Just one day after it was announced that redshirt junior forward Michael Cobbins will miss the remainder of the season due to injury, the Oklahoma State basketball program received more bad news regarding one of its players.
As reported by multiple outlets, freshman guard Stevie Clark was arrested during a traffic stop on Wednesday morning for possession of marijuana. An Edmond (Okla.) Police officer pulled over the vehicle in which Clark was a passenger due to a seatbelt violation.
Around 10 a.m., an officer pulled over a vehicle on northbound Interstate 35 at 33rd Street. Edmond Police spokeswoman Jenny Monroe says the car the Cowboys freshman point guard was a passenger in was stopped for a seatbelt violation, but the officer determined there was marijuana in the car.
Both Clark and the driver were arrested for possession of marijuana.
Clark, who was suspended for four games earlier this season, is averaging 7.0 points and 3.7 assists per game for the Cowboys as one of their first reserves off the bench. In Oklahoma State’s 92-66 win over Robert Morris the freshman tallied nine points and nine assists in 24 minutes of action, establishing a new season high for assists in a game.
If Clark were to miss time as a result of this situation Oklahoma State has more than enough depth to account for it, with Marcus Smart, Markel Brown, Brian Williams and Phil Forte III firmly entrenched in Travis Ford’s perimeter rotation. But while also looking to address the loss of Cobbins, this situation is an additional headache that Oklahoma State really doesn’t need with conference play kicking off on Saturday.
Oklahoma State will play its first three Big 12 games on the road, beginning with a trip to the “Octagon of Doom” to play Kansas State on Saturday afternoon.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson, Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Tyler Dorsey and Terrance Ferguson were included in the top plays.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Mike Davis has one of the most entertaining players joining the program.
Jul 7, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
Memphis loses its top scorer.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:21 PM EDT
The No. 1 player from 2010 turned into one of the biggest busts in recent memory.
Jul 7, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
See, he’s just a creepy fanboy like the rest of us!
Jul 7, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Michigan State will be hosting Florida, with a return game in Gainesville in two years.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:16 AM EDT
The Jayhawks … err, Americans … are now 3-0 in the event.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
Read through my column on Georges Niang and Iowa State.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
Four-star point guard Payton Pritchard is going to explore his options heading into the July live evaluation period.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Northwestern continues to get good local pick-ups in the 2016 class.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
La Salle is losing an experienced guard to transfer.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
One of Tennessee’s only options at point guard is enrolling closer to the school year.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
One of the better shooting guards in the country is focused on 10 schools.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Michigan is going with the Jumpman under its new apparel agreement.
Jul 6, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Kentucky had led the nation in average attendance for eight straight years.
Jul 6, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
The top three in this group is debatable.
Jul 6, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Jonathan Isaac is loaded with potential.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:23 AM EDT
The front of the jersey said Kansas before.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
Two of the nation’s best high schoolers square off.
Jul 5, 2015, 10:03 PM EDT
Thibodeaux’s decision came eight days after he began basic training.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)