Jan 1, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
As if things weren’t already bad enough for Temple.
The Owls got a bit of bad news to ring in the New Year as forward Daniel Dingle has a tear in his meniscus and could end up missing the rest of the season, according to a report from Josh Verlin of City of Basketball Love.
The 6-foot-7 sophomore was averaging 6.7 ppg and 2.3 rpg in 20 minutes per game, but he had found a rhythm of late, scoring 25 points in the last two games.
Temple is just 5-5 this season and kick off American play on Wednesday against Rutgers.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)