Jan 1, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Texas A&M has landed a commitment from SMU transfer Jalen Jones, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
Jones averaged 14.0 points and 7.8 boards in 2012-2013, but made the decision to transfer out of SMU in November in what appeared to be a dispute over playing time.
Jones finished out the semester with the Mustangs and will enroll in College Station when the spring semester begins. He’ll have to do a year in residency — unless he gets a waiver — when means that he’ll be able to play during the second semester in 2014-2015.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 11
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (11)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)