Jan 1, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Texas A&M has landed a commitment from SMU transfer Jalen Jones, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
Jones averaged 14.0 points and 7.8 boards in 2012-2013, but made the decision to transfer out of SMU in November in what appeared to be a dispute over playing time.
Jones finished out the semester with the Mustangs and will enroll in College Station when the spring semester begins. He’ll have to do a year in residency — unless he gets a waiver — when means that he’ll be able to play during the second semester in 2014-2015.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)