Jan 1, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 21 San Diego State at Colorado State, 9:00 p.m.
The Aztecs have been one of the more surprising teams this season, having played their way into a top 25 ranking despite heading into the season expected to be little more than a team in a rebuilding year. Colorado State is in a rebuilding year, but Moby Arena is not an easy place to win a basketball game. Mountain West basketball is back, baby!
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: SMU at Cincinnati, 6:00 p.m.
The teams that everyone seems to be talking about in the American are Louisville, Memphis and UConn. Houston will probably get more attention now that they have knocked off the Huskies. But the two sleepers in the league are Larry Brown’s SMU Mustangs and the Cincinnati Bearcats. Are either of those two going to be a factor in the title race? We’ll get a chance to see tonight.
- UNLV at Fresno State, 3:00 p.m.
- Boston College at Harvard, 4:00 p.m.
- Utah State at Air Force, 8:00 p.m.
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)