Jan 1, 2014, 2:59 PM EST
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 21 San Diego State at Colorado State, 9:00 p.m.
The Aztecs have been one of the more surprising teams this season, having played their way into a top 25 ranking despite heading into the season expected to be little more than a team in a rebuilding year. Colorado State is in a rebuilding year, but Moby Arena is not an easy place to win a basketball game. Mountain West basketball is back, baby!
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: SMU at Cincinnati, 6:00 p.m.
The teams that everyone seems to be talking about in the American are Louisville, Memphis and UConn. Houston will probably get more attention now that they have knocked off the Huskies. But the two sleepers in the league are Larry Brown’s SMU Mustangs and the Cincinnati Bearcats. Are either of those two going to be a factor in the title race? We’ll get a chance to see tonight.
- UNLV at Fresno State, 3:00 p.m.
- Boston College at Harvard, 4:00 p.m.
- Utah State at Air Force, 8:00 p.m.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)