Jan 1, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 21 San Diego State at Colorado State, 9:00 p.m.
The Aztecs have been one of the more surprising teams this season, having played their way into a top 25 ranking despite heading into the season expected to be little more than a team in a rebuilding year. Colorado State is in a rebuilding year, but Moby Arena is not an easy place to win a basketball game. Mountain West basketball is back, baby!
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: SMU at Cincinnati, 6:00 p.m.
The teams that everyone seems to be talking about in the American are Louisville, Memphis and UConn. Houston will probably get more attention now that they have knocked off the Huskies. But the two sleepers in the league are Larry Brown’s SMU Mustangs and the Cincinnati Bearcats. Are either of those two going to be a factor in the title race? We’ll get a chance to see tonight.
- UNLV at Fresno State, 3:00 p.m.
- Boston College at Harvard, 4:00 p.m.
- Utah State at Air Force, 8:00 p.m.
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 0
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 7
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 7
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)