Jan 1, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 21 San Diego State at Colorado State, 9:00 p.m.
The Aztecs have been one of the more surprising teams this season, having played their way into a top 25 ranking despite heading into the season expected to be little more than a team in a rebuilding year. Colorado State is in a rebuilding year, but Moby Arena is not an easy place to win a basketball game. Mountain West basketball is back, baby!
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: SMU at Cincinnati, 6:00 p.m.
The teams that everyone seems to be talking about in the American are Louisville, Memphis and UConn. Houston will probably get more attention now that they have knocked off the Huskies. But the two sleepers in the league are Larry Brown’s SMU Mustangs and the Cincinnati Bearcats. Are either of those two going to be a factor in the title race? We’ll get a chance to see tonight.
- UNLV at Fresno State, 3:00 p.m.
- Boston College at Harvard, 4:00 p.m.
- Utah State at Air Force, 8:00 p.m.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)