Jan 1, 2014, 2:59 PM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 21 San Diego State at Colorado State, 9:00 p.m.
The Aztecs have been one of the more surprising teams this season, having played their way into a top 25 ranking despite heading into the season expected to be little more than a team in a rebuilding year. Colorado State is in a rebuilding year, but Moby Arena is not an easy place to win a basketball game. Mountain West basketball is back, baby!
THE OTHER GAME OF THE DAY: SMU at Cincinnati, 6:00 p.m.
The teams that everyone seems to be talking about in the American are Louisville, Memphis and UConn. Houston will probably get more attention now that they have knocked off the Huskies. But the two sleepers in the league are Larry Brown’s SMU Mustangs and the Cincinnati Bearcats. Are either of those two going to be a factor in the title race? We’ll get a chance to see tonight.
- UNLV at Fresno State, 3:00 p.m.
- Boston College at Harvard, 4:00 p.m.
- Utah State at Air Force, 8:00 p.m.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)