Jan 2, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Bryon Allen finished with 24 points and Patrick Holloway chipped in with 18 as George Mason outlasted a furious Penn comeback to beat the Quakers 80-77.
GMU has built a 70-59 lead late in the second half, but Penn went on an 11-3 run to cut that lead to 80-77 on the final possession. Penn ran a great sideline out-of-bounds play to get Tony Hicks a look from three and … he didn’t shoot it.
Hicks pulled the ball out and settled for a deep, contested three off the dribble.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 3
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 5
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 10
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)