Jan 2, 2014, 10:51 PM EST
Bryon Allen finished with 24 points and Patrick Holloway chipped in with 18 as George Mason outlasted a furious Penn comeback to beat the Quakers 80-77.
GMU has built a 70-59 lead late in the second half, but Penn went on an 11-3 run to cut that lead to 80-77 on the final possession. Penn ran a great sideline out-of-bounds play to get Tony Hicks a look from three and … he didn’t shoot it.
Hicks pulled the ball out and settled for a deep, contested three off the dribble.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)