Jan 2, 2014, 10:51 PM EST
Bryon Allen finished with 24 points and Patrick Holloway chipped in with 18 as George Mason outlasted a furious Penn comeback to beat the Quakers 80-77.
GMU has built a 70-59 lead late in the second half, but Penn went on an 11-3 run to cut that lead to 80-77 on the final possession. Penn ran a great sideline out-of-bounds play to get Tony Hicks a look from three and … he didn’t shoot it.
Hicks pulled the ball out and settled for a deep, contested three off the dribble.
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)