Jan 2, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Bryon Allen finished with 24 points and Patrick Holloway chipped in with 18 as George Mason outlasted a furious Penn comeback to beat the Quakers 80-77.
GMU has built a 70-59 lead late in the second half, but Penn went on an 11-3 run to cut that lead to 80-77 on the final possession. Penn ran a great sideline out-of-bounds play to get Tony Hicks a look from three and … he didn’t shoot it.
Hicks pulled the ball out and settled for a deep, contested three off the dribble.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)