Jan 2, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Bryon Allen finished with 24 points and Patrick Holloway chipped in with 18 as George Mason outlasted a furious Penn comeback to beat the Quakers 80-77.
GMU has built a 70-59 lead late in the second half, but Penn went on an 11-3 run to cut that lead to 80-77 on the final possession. Penn ran a great sideline out-of-bounds play to get Tony Hicks a look from three and … he didn’t shoot it.
Hicks pulled the ball out and settled for a deep, contested three off the dribble.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)