Jan 2, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
The start of the 2013-14 season has been a tough one for the Kennesaw State Owls, as they currently have a record of 3-12 and have lost seven straight games ahead of their Atlantic Sun home opener against East Tennessee State on Saturday afternoon. Things got a little tougher on Thursday afternoon, as the school announced that head coach Lewis Preston will take a temporary leave of absence for “medical and personal reasons.”
Preston, who is in his third season as the head coach at Kennesaw State, spent three seasons on Ed DeChellis’ staff at Penn State prior to being hired by the Atlantic Sun school. According to the release associate head coach Jimmy Lallathin will assume the head coaching duties in Preston’s absence. In regards to when Preston could rejoin the program, no timetable was given.
Of Kennesaw State’s three wins only one came against a Division I opponent, as they beat Chattanooga 73-69 on November 19. All seven defeats in the team’s current losing streak have been by double digits, with the closest margin being 17 points (losses to Kent State and Georgia Tech).
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)