Jan 2, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Oklahoma State freshman point guard Stevie Clark was arrested on Wednesday morning during a traffic stop for possession of marijuana.
He wasn’t charged, but we now know the details of the arrest, which were in a police report obtained by Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
Clark was in a car driven by Marcus Caddell, a classmate from Oklahoma City Douglass High School. Clark was riding in the front seat without his seat belt on, which is why the car was stopped.
From Hines’ story:
After approaching the car, the officer noticed small pieces of marijuana on Clark’s shorts and between his legs.
Asked how much marijuana was in the car, Clark “could not speak but shook his head no” in response, according to the report. Clark reached into a side pocket in the passenger door and pulled out a half-filled marijuana blunt.
According to the report, Caddell said the marijuana was his and he didn’t want Clark to get into trouble. Caddell and Clark were arrested on complaints of marijuana possession while the other occupant was released at the scene.
Clark declined to speak to the police. He was averaging 7.0 points and 3.7 assists in 16 minutes off the bench this season, but was suspended for four games earlier in the year and did not make the trip to Orlando for the Old Spice Classic.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)