Jan 2, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Oklahoma State freshman point guard Stevie Clark was arrested on Wednesday morning during a traffic stop for possession of marijuana.
He wasn’t charged, but we now know the details of the arrest, which were in a police report obtained by Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
Clark was in a car driven by Marcus Caddell, a classmate from Oklahoma City Douglass High School. Clark was riding in the front seat without his seat belt on, which is why the car was stopped.
From Hines’ story:
After approaching the car, the officer noticed small pieces of marijuana on Clark’s shorts and between his legs.
Asked how much marijuana was in the car, Clark “could not speak but shook his head no” in response, according to the report. Clark reached into a side pocket in the passenger door and pulled out a half-filled marijuana blunt.
According to the report, Caddell said the marijuana was his and he didn’t want Clark to get into trouble. Caddell and Clark were arrested on complaints of marijuana possession while the other occupant was released at the scene.
Clark declined to speak to the police. He was averaging 7.0 points and 3.7 assists in 16 minutes off the bench this season, but was suspended for four games earlier in the year and did not make the trip to Orlando for the Old Spice Classic.
Jul 30, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Powell’s recruiting profile has risen thanks to the way he’s played throughout the summer.
Jul 30, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
With Jarrod Uthoff and Adam Woodbury being seniors, having two front court commits in 2016 is good news for the Hawkeyes.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
The Cardinal need to account for the loss of their top three scorers (and top two rebounders) from last season’s NIT champion team.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
The Crusaders are getting back the league’s defensive player of the year.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Tyndall’s one NCAA tournament win sure was memorable.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
The cousin of former Pitt forward Chevon Troutman has developed into a quality recruit himself.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
Jul 30, 2015, 10:12 AM EDT
Nigel Hayes has game. He doesn’t have bars.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
According to the report SMU met with the NCAA Committee on Infractions last month.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Harding won’t join the program until 2018 however, as he’ll be taking his two-year LDS mission beforehand.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Director of player personnel Travis Diener is pegged as the best player in the games, with he and assistant Chris Carrawell trading some good-natured shots at each other.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Only Aqeel Quinn, who’s out of eligibility, made more three-pointers for the Aztecs last season than Shrigley.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
All three programs made Davis a focal point in Las Vegas last weekend.
Jul 29, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Notes on Vance Jackson, Brendan Bailey and Javonte Smart included.
Jul 29, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
I’m OK with this becoming a thing all August.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Tyson Waterman is the latest victim in the fallout from the Southern Miss scandal.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
That’s now two of Kentucky’s elite freshmen with concerns looming.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Bruce Pearl was fired by Tennessee for lying about a barbecue.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
See which schools are still in play for one of the top rising juniors
Jul 29, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
Suhr was on staff with the ‘Bad Boys’.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)