Jan 2, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
The majority of teams across the country are beginning (or in some cases, resuming) conference play this weekend, and for those in the Northeast there’s another variable to be considered. Winter storm Hercules has hit the area, and as a result the tip times for multiple games have been changed. And in the case of Buffalo’s final non-conference game against South Dakota State, that game has been postponed due to the Jackrabbits’ issues in making the trek to western New York.
According to Buffalo the two schools are working to reschedule the game, which was originally supposed to be played Friday night. Other scheduling changes of note include four MAAC contests tipping off earlier than expected on Thursday and a fifth, Iona’s trip to Quinnipiac, being rescheduled for Monday night. Also, Rhode Island’s game at Brown was rescheduled to begin at 6:00 p.m. EST Thursday.
According to The Weather Channel, the National Weather Service has issued blizzard warnings for multiple areas across the northeast, including Long Island and parts of Massachusetts. With that being the case, it wouldn’t come as a surprise if there are a few more changes to the upcoming college basketball schedule.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)