Jan 4, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Illinois knocked off Penn State in Champaign on Saturday afternoon, improving to 2-0 in Big Ten play with a 75-55 win over the Nittany Lions.
But with a little more than eight minutes left in the game, it was much closer. After a driving bucket from Kendrick Nunn, he collided with D.J. Newbill who responded with a half-punch, half-shoove to the back of Nunn’s head.
Nunn and Newbill went nose-to-nose after that, but teammates and coaches were able to separate them before anything too serious happened. Newbill was ejected, and Illinois is lucky that no one from their bench got tossed for coming onto the court. (In the video above, it looks like a timeout was called as the guys on the bench were wandering onto the floor before the two got tangled up.)
- Academic issues may sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 0
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)