Jan 4, 2014, 12:18 PM EDT
Michigan sophomore forward Glenn Robinson III continues to rehab his injured left ankle and will be a game-time decision for the Wolverines’ Sunday Big Ten contest against Northwestern, according to head coach John Beilein.
Robinson injured the left ankle during Michigan’s win over Minnesota earlier in the week and he missed the rest of the second half as his teammates went on to pick up the road win without him.
“I can’t give you much of an update,” Beilein said Saturday to media. “He had rehab all day yesterday. We’ll know (about) tomorrow, tomorrow. I really don’t know right now.”
Robinson is Michigan’s second-leading scorer and is averaging 13.5 points and 4.7 rebounds in 30.3 minutes per game this season. Without Robinson in the lineup, Michigan could replace his perimeter production on the wing with freshman Zak Irvin, or go bigger inside and use senior forward Jordan Morgan.
- Bracketology: Gonzaga grabs WCC title, BYU waits 0
- 2014 Pac-12 Tournament Preview: No. 4 Arizona looks to cap dominant campaign 1
- 2014 Mountain West Tournament Preview: San Diego State, New Mexico clear favorites in Las Vegas 0
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)