Jan 4, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
Marcus Smart threw down this huge dunk in transition against Kansas State today, but did it cost his team the game?
As you can see in the video, Smart earned himself a technical foul with the dunk, hanging on the rim and slapping the back board. I don’t love that call — it’s really, really hard to ask a player to control his emotions in a situation like that — but those rules are pretty much set in stone. Slap the back board after a dunk, and you’re going to be getting T’d up.
Here’s the thing: this was Smart’s fourth foul. He sat out for the next eight minutes. He was on the bench as Oklahoma State’s four point lead turned into a deficit. No. 6 Oklahoma State ended up losing 74-71.
Would it have been any different with Smart on the floor? Who knows, but generally speaking, the Pokes are better with Smart on the floor than Smart sitting on the bench in foul trouble.
- Seven takeaways from the LeBron James Skills Academy 0
- Five-star small forward Ray Smith commits to Arizona 0
- The Showdown Saturday Recap: Horace Spencer’s big summer continues 0
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 3 Recap: Jaylen Brown/Brandon Ingram II was special, Kobi Simmons, Deng Adel have strong days 0
- Senior guard Delon Wright, Utah aim to end NCAA tournament drought 0
- Arizona-commit Justin Simon may not be a PG, but that may not matter 1
- USA Basketball experience motivates five-star big man Chase Jeter 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)
- Class of 2016 No. 1 prospect Josh Jackson transferring from Detroit to California for next season (3)