Jan 4, 2014, 9:12 PM EDT
Saint Louis was expected to take care of business on Saturday evening in their non-conference finale against Yale and the Billikens did just that, winning 75-55 with Rob Loe scoring a game-high 19 points. Austin McBroom added 16 and Jake Barnett 11 for Saint Louis, whose 13 wins through 15 games are the program’s most since Charlie Spoonhour’s 1993-94 team won 14 of its first 15 games.
Javier Duren led Yale with 13 points. Saint Louis used an 11-2 second half run to establish the distance needed to win comfortably. Next up for Saint Louis is their Atlantic 10 opener at Rhode Island, which won at LSU on Saturday, on Tuesday night.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)