Jan 4, 2014, 9:12 PM EDT
Saint Louis was expected to take care of business on Saturday evening in their non-conference finale against Yale and the Billikens did just that, winning 75-55 with Rob Loe scoring a game-high 19 points. Austin McBroom added 16 and Jake Barnett 11 for Saint Louis, whose 13 wins through 15 games are the program’s most since Charlie Spoonhour’s 1993-94 team won 14 of its first 15 games.
Javier Duren led Yale with 13 points. Saint Louis used an 11-2 second half run to establish the distance needed to win comfortably. Next up for Saint Louis is their Atlantic 10 opener at Rhode Island, which won at LSU on Saturday, on Tuesday night.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1