Jan 4, 2014, 9:12 PM EDT
Saint Louis was expected to take care of business on Saturday evening in their non-conference finale against Yale and the Billikens did just that, winning 75-55 with Rob Loe scoring a game-high 19 points. Austin McBroom added 16 and Jake Barnett 11 for Saint Louis, whose 13 wins through 15 games are the program’s most since Charlie Spoonhour’s 1993-94 team won 14 of its first 15 games.
Javier Duren led Yale with 13 points. Saint Louis used an 11-2 second half run to establish the distance needed to win comfortably. Next up for Saint Louis is their Atlantic 10 opener at Rhode Island, which won at LSU on Saturday, on Tuesday night.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)