Jan 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The injury bug continues to strike Seton Hall and head coach Kevin Willard, as the Pirates have several players on the mend going into today’s Big East home game against Creighton.
According to J.P. Pelzman of NorthJersey.com, Seton Hall will make a game-time decision on senior center Gene Teague and senior wing Fuquan Edwin before the Pirates’ game on Saturday.
Teague didn’t play in Seton Hall’s win over Providence after the center received a concussion after a nasty fall on Dec. 27 against Lafayette and Edwin suffered a knee injury late in the Providence win.
Willard told Pelzman that Edwin, “feels OK. We just want to make sure that he’s 100 percent. I’ve got to see how he bounces back from [Friday's] practice.”
Seton Hall backup center Aaron Geramipoor will also miss the Creighton game with an ankle injury, according to Willard.
The losses for Seton Hall certainly hurt, but the Pirates have already played without Edwin for parts of this season after he sprained his ankle early in December and they also spent time without Sterling Gibbs as well.
The Pirates could certainly use Edwin’s scoring capabilities against a high-scoring team like Creighton and Teague would help keep the Bluejays off the glass.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)