Jan 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The injury bug continues to strike Seton Hall and head coach Kevin Willard, as the Pirates have several players on the mend going into today’s Big East home game against Creighton.
According to J.P. Pelzman of NorthJersey.com, Seton Hall will make a game-time decision on senior center Gene Teague and senior wing Fuquan Edwin before the Pirates’ game on Saturday.
Teague didn’t play in Seton Hall’s win over Providence after the center received a concussion after a nasty fall on Dec. 27 against Lafayette and Edwin suffered a knee injury late in the Providence win.
Willard told Pelzman that Edwin, “feels OK. We just want to make sure that he’s 100 percent. I’ve got to see how he bounces back from [Friday’s] practice.”
Seton Hall backup center Aaron Geramipoor will also miss the Creighton game with an ankle injury, according to Willard.
The losses for Seton Hall certainly hurt, but the Pirates have already played without Edwin for parts of this season after he sprained his ankle early in December and they also spent time without Sterling Gibbs as well.
The Pirates could certainly use Edwin’s scoring capabilities against a high-scoring team like Creighton and Teague would help keep the Bluejays off the glass.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)