Jan 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The injury bug continues to strike Seton Hall and head coach Kevin Willard, as the Pirates have several players on the mend going into today’s Big East home game against Creighton.
According to J.P. Pelzman of NorthJersey.com, Seton Hall will make a game-time decision on senior center Gene Teague and senior wing Fuquan Edwin before the Pirates’ game on Saturday.
Teague didn’t play in Seton Hall’s win over Providence after the center received a concussion after a nasty fall on Dec. 27 against Lafayette and Edwin suffered a knee injury late in the Providence win.
Willard told Pelzman that Edwin, “feels OK. We just want to make sure that he’s 100 percent. I’ve got to see how he bounces back from [Friday's] practice.”
Seton Hall backup center Aaron Geramipoor will also miss the Creighton game with an ankle injury, according to Willard.
The losses for Seton Hall certainly hurt, but the Pirates have already played without Edwin for parts of this season after he sprained his ankle early in December and they also spent time without Sterling Gibbs as well.
The Pirates could certainly use Edwin’s scoring capabilities against a high-scoring team like Creighton and Teague would help keep the Bluejays off the glass.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 0
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)