Jan 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The injury bug continues to strike Seton Hall and head coach Kevin Willard, as the Pirates have several players on the mend going into today’s Big East home game against Creighton.
According to J.P. Pelzman of NorthJersey.com, Seton Hall will make a game-time decision on senior center Gene Teague and senior wing Fuquan Edwin before the Pirates’ game on Saturday.
Teague didn’t play in Seton Hall’s win over Providence after the center received a concussion after a nasty fall on Dec. 27 against Lafayette and Edwin suffered a knee injury late in the Providence win.
Willard told Pelzman that Edwin, “feels OK. We just want to make sure that he’s 100 percent. I’ve got to see how he bounces back from [Friday's] practice.”
Seton Hall backup center Aaron Geramipoor will also miss the Creighton game with an ankle injury, according to Willard.
The losses for Seton Hall certainly hurt, but the Pirates have already played without Edwin for parts of this season after he sprained his ankle early in December and they also spent time without Sterling Gibbs as well.
The Pirates could certainly use Edwin’s scoring capabilities against a high-scoring team like Creighton and Teague would help keep the Bluejays off the glass.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)