Jan 4, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
The injury bug continues to strike Seton Hall and head coach Kevin Willard, as the Pirates have several players on the mend going into today’s Big East home game against Creighton.
According to J.P. Pelzman of NorthJersey.com, Seton Hall will make a game-time decision on senior center Gene Teague and senior wing Fuquan Edwin before the Pirates’ game on Saturday.
Teague didn’t play in Seton Hall’s win over Providence after the center received a concussion after a nasty fall on Dec. 27 against Lafayette and Edwin suffered a knee injury late in the Providence win.
Willard told Pelzman that Edwin, “feels OK. We just want to make sure that he’s 100 percent. I’ve got to see how he bounces back from [Friday’s] practice.”
Seton Hall backup center Aaron Geramipoor will also miss the Creighton game with an ankle injury, according to Willard.
The losses for Seton Hall certainly hurt, but the Pirates have already played without Edwin for parts of this season after he sprained his ankle early in December and they also spent time without Sterling Gibbs as well.
The Pirates could certainly use Edwin’s scoring capabilities against a high-scoring team like Creighton and Teague would help keep the Bluejays off the glass.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4