Jan 4, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
With the Cornell Big Red entering the game with an 0-12 record, the key for St. Bonaventure was to show up motivated to play with their Atlantic 10 opener against Richmond just four days away. Mark Schmidt’s Bonnies did just that, shooting 50% from the field and knocking down ten three-pointers in their 81-57 victory.
Jordan Gathers knocked down five of those three-pointers, scoring 20 points off the bench to lead four Bonnies in double figures. Matthew Wright added 16 points to go along with six rebounds and six assists, and as a team St. Bonaventure racked up 21 assists with just seven turnovers. Nolan Cressler paced the Big Red with 19 points, and they should be able to end their current winless run next Saturday when they host Oberlin College.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)