Jan 4, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
With the Cornell Big Red entering the game with an 0-12 record, the key for St. Bonaventure was to show up motivated to play with their Atlantic 10 opener against Richmond just four days away. Mark Schmidt’s Bonnies did just that, shooting 50% from the field and knocking down ten three-pointers in their 81-57 victory.
Jordan Gathers knocked down five of those three-pointers, scoring 20 points off the bench to lead four Bonnies in double figures. Matthew Wright added 16 points to go along with six rebounds and six assists, and as a team St. Bonaventure racked up 21 assists with just seven turnovers. Nolan Cressler paced the Big Red with 19 points, and they should be able to end their current winless run next Saturday when they host Oberlin College.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)