Jan 4, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
With the Cornell Big Red entering the game with an 0-12 record, the key for St. Bonaventure was to show up motivated to play with their Atlantic 10 opener against Richmond just four days away. Mark Schmidt’s Bonnies did just that, shooting 50% from the field and knocking down ten three-pointers in their 81-57 victory.
Jordan Gathers knocked down five of those three-pointers, scoring 20 points off the bench to lead four Bonnies in double figures. Matthew Wright added 16 points to go along with six rebounds and six assists, and as a team St. Bonaventure racked up 21 assists with just seven turnovers. Nolan Cressler paced the Big Red with 19 points, and they should be able to end their current winless run next Saturday when they host Oberlin College.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)