Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Luke Fischer elected to leave Indiana University last week, leaving Tom Crean and the basketball program after appearing in only 13 games. On Sunday, Fischer announced via his personal Twitter account that he will transfer to Crean’s former school, Marquette.
I am excited to say I will be transferring to Marquette University to play for Coach Williams and the Golden Eagles
— Luke Fischer (@Bigfishy44) January 5, 2014
The 6-foot-10 Germantown, Wisc. native was ranked as the No. 94 overall recruit in the Class of 2013 by Rivals. He was offered by Buzz Williams and Marquette before committing to Indiana. Fischer won’t be eligible until the second semester of the 2014-2015 season, and with the departures of Davante Gardner and Chris Otule, the addition of Fischer will help the Marquette frontline.
Fischer averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game with the Hoosiers. In his final game with IU’s win over Kennesaw State. He recorded season highs in minutes (19), points (10) and blocked shots (3).
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)