Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Luke Fischer elected to leave Indiana University last week, leaving Tom Crean and the basketball program after appearing in only 13 games. On Sunday, Fischer announced via his personal Twitter account that he will transfer to Crean’s former school, Marquette.
I am excited to say I will be transferring to Marquette University to play for Coach Williams and the Golden Eagles
— Luke Fischer (@Bigfishy44) January 5, 2014
The 6-foot-10 Germantown, Wisc. native was ranked as the No. 94 overall recruit in the Class of 2013 by Rivals. He was offered by Buzz Williams and Marquette before committing to Indiana. Fischer won’t be eligible until the second semester of the 2014-2015 season, and with the departures of Davante Gardner and Chris Otule, the addition of Fischer will help the Marquette frontline.
Fischer averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game with the Hoosiers. In his final game with IU’s win over Kennesaw State. He recorded season highs in minutes (19), points (10) and blocked shots (3).
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 10
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (10)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)