Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
Luke Fischer elected to leave Indiana University last week, leaving Tom Crean and the basketball program after appearing in only 13 games. On Sunday, Fischer announced via his personal Twitter account that he will transfer to Crean’s former school, Marquette.
I am excited to say I will be transferring to Marquette University to play for Coach Williams and the Golden Eagles
— Luke Fischer (@Bigfishy44) January 5, 2014
The 6-foot-10 Germantown, Wisc. native was ranked as the No. 94 overall recruit in the Class of 2013 by Rivals. He was offered by Buzz Williams and Marquette before committing to Indiana. Fischer won’t be eligible until the second semester of the 2014-2015 season, and with the departures of Davante Gardner and Chris Otule, the addition of Fischer will help the Marquette frontline.
Fischer averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game with the Hoosiers. In his final game with IU’s win over Kennesaw State. He recorded season highs in minutes (19), points (10) and blocked shots (3).
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 2
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (10)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)