Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
Luke Fischer elected to leave Indiana University last week, leaving Tom Crean and the basketball program after appearing in only 13 games. On Sunday, Fischer announced via his personal Twitter account that he will transfer to Crean’s former school, Marquette.
I am excited to say I will be transferring to Marquette University to play for Coach Williams and the Golden Eagles
— Luke Fischer (@Bigfishy44) January 5, 2014
The 6-foot-10 Germantown, Wisc. native was ranked as the No. 94 overall recruit in the Class of 2013 by Rivals. He was offered by Buzz Williams and Marquette before committing to Indiana. Fischer won’t be eligible until the second semester of the 2014-2015 season, and with the departures of Davante Gardner and Chris Otule, the addition of Fischer will help the Marquette frontline.
Fischer averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game with the Hoosiers. In his final game with IU’s win over Kennesaw State. He recorded season highs in minutes (19), points (10) and blocked shots (3).
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)