Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 AM EST
Luke Fischer elected to leave Indiana University last week, leaving Tom Crean and the basketball program after appearing in only 13 games. On Sunday, Fischer announced via his personal Twitter account that he will transfer to Crean’s former school, Marquette.
I am excited to say I will be transferring to Marquette University to play for Coach Williams and the Golden Eagles
— Luke Fischer (@Bigfishy44) January 5, 2014
The 6-foot-10 Germantown, Wisc. native was ranked as the No. 94 overall recruit in the Class of 2013 by Rivals. He was offered by Buzz Williams and Marquette before committing to Indiana. Fischer won’t be eligible until the second semester of the 2014-2015 season, and with the departures of Davante Gardner and Chris Otule, the addition of Fischer will help the Marquette frontline.
Fischer averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game with the Hoosiers. In his final game with IU’s win over Kennesaw State. He recorded season highs in minutes (19), points (10) and blocked shots (3).
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 9
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (10)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)