Jan 5, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Luke Fischer elected to leave Indiana University last week, leaving Tom Crean and the basketball program after appearing in only 13 games. On Sunday, Fischer announced via his personal Twitter account that he will transfer to Crean’s former school, Marquette.
I am excited to say I will be transferring to Marquette University to play for Coach Williams and the Golden Eagles
— Luke Fischer (@Bigfishy44) January 5, 2014
The 6-foot-10 Germantown, Wisc. native was ranked as the No. 94 overall recruit in the Class of 2013 by Rivals. He was offered by Buzz Williams and Marquette before committing to Indiana. Fischer won’t be eligible until the second semester of the 2014-2015 season, and with the departures of Davante Gardner and Chris Otule, the addition of Fischer will help the Marquette frontline.
Fischer averaged 2.8 points and 2.1 rebounds per game with the Hoosiers. In his final game with IU’s win over Kennesaw State. He recorded season highs in minutes (19), points (10) and blocked shots (3).
Apr 20, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
BYU is losing two reserve players to transfer.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 PM EDT
Iowa landed a junior college forward to close out a six-man class.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg is up and on his feet after heart surgery.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
North Carolina star point guard Marcus Paige had successful surgery
Apr 20, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Shannon Evans is leaving Buffalo. Is athletic director Danny White the reason why?
Apr 20, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Rhode Island added some immediate help shooting the ball.
Apr 20, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Ohio landed an in-state Class of 2016 center.
Apr 20, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
South Florida continues to hit the transfer market hard.
Apr 20, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
Evan Payne averaged 18.0 points for LMU last season.
Apr 20, 2015, 2:47 PM EDT
Tarrant will step into the starting point guard role for Memphis.
Apr 20, 2015, 2:38 PM EDT
Wiltjer will likely be a preseason all-american.
Apr 20, 2015, 1:58 PM EDT
The younger Greek Freak is hitting the AAU circuit this summer.
Apr 20, 2015, 12:52 PM EDT
This is the leader in the clubhouse for the weirdest offseason story.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Sampson gives LSU one of the best recruiting classes in the country.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
Poeltl had a chance to be a first round pick.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Who’s going pro? Who’s returning to school? Who are we still waiting to hear from?
Apr 19, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Brandon Ingram’s down to six schools: North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and NC State.
Apr 19, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Marcus Keene averaged 15.6 ppg last season, and with Chris Fowler entering his senior season this is a good pickup for the Chippewas.
Apr 19, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Brandon Sampson will pick LSU, Oklahoma State or St. John’s on Monday, and he’s an important recruit for the Red Storm.
Apr 19, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Nathan Davis, who won 78.3 percent of his games as head coach at Randolph Macon, was an assistant at Bucknell from 2003-08.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)