Jan 6, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Duke commit Tyus Jones has been labeled by some recruiting analysts as the best pure point guard that high school basketball has seen in quite some time. Jones often gets compared to floor generals like CP3, but his athleticism is sometimes overlooked because of his tremendous basketball IQ and natural feel for the game.
Just watch this dunk from Saturday’s Timberwolves Shootout at the Target Center and you won’t overlook Jones’ athleticism for much longer.
The 6-foot-1 native of Apple Valley, Minnesota is regarded as Rivals’ No. 5 prospect in the 2014 class and Jones has helped lead Apple Valley High School to an 11-1 start on the season following Saturday’s 72-59 win over Blue Valley (KS.). Jones finished with a game-high 26 points.
And, sidenote: What’s up with the announcer going with, “Good morning, Minneapolis!” in an ode to Robin Williams in “Good Morning, Vietnam”? Just a little over-the-top, if you ask me.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)