Jan 6, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Duke commit Tyus Jones has been labeled by some recruiting analysts as the best pure point guard that high school basketball has seen in quite some time. Jones often gets compared to floor generals like CP3, but his athleticism is sometimes overlooked because of his tremendous basketball IQ and natural feel for the game.
Just watch this dunk from Saturday’s Timberwolves Shootout at the Target Center and you won’t overlook Jones’ athleticism for much longer.
The 6-foot-1 native of Apple Valley, Minnesota is regarded as Rivals’ No. 5 prospect in the 2014 class and Jones has helped lead Apple Valley High School to an 11-1 start on the season following Saturday’s 72-59 win over Blue Valley (KS.). Jones finished with a game-high 26 points.
And, sidenote: What’s up with the announcer going with, “Good morning, Minneapolis!” in an ode to Robin Williams in “Good Morning, Vietnam”? Just a little over-the-top, if you ask me.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0