Jan 6, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Duke commit Tyus Jones has been labeled by some recruiting analysts as the best pure point guard that high school basketball has seen in quite some time. Jones often gets compared to floor generals like CP3, but his athleticism is sometimes overlooked because of his tremendous basketball IQ and natural feel for the game.
Just watch this dunk from Saturday’s Timberwolves Shootout at the Target Center and you won’t overlook Jones’ athleticism for much longer.
The 6-foot-1 native of Apple Valley, Minnesota is regarded as Rivals’ No. 5 prospect in the 2014 class and Jones has helped lead Apple Valley High School to an 11-1 start on the season following Saturday’s 72-59 win over Blue Valley (KS.). Jones finished with a game-high 26 points.
And, sidenote: What’s up with the announcer going with, “Good morning, Minneapolis!” in an ode to Robin Williams in “Good Morning, Vietnam”? Just a little over-the-top, if you ask me.
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 1
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)