Jan 6, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Duke commit Tyus Jones has been labeled by some recruiting analysts as the best pure point guard that high school basketball has seen in quite some time. Jones often gets compared to floor generals like CP3, but his athleticism is sometimes overlooked because of his tremendous basketball IQ and natural feel for the game.
Just watch this dunk from Saturday’s Timberwolves Shootout at the Target Center and you won’t overlook Jones’ athleticism for much longer.
The 6-foot-1 native of Apple Valley, Minnesota is regarded as Rivals’ No. 5 prospect in the 2014 class and Jones has helped lead Apple Valley High School to an 11-1 start on the season following Saturday’s 72-59 win over Blue Valley (KS.). Jones finished with a game-high 26 points.
And, sidenote: What’s up with the announcer going with, “Good morning, Minneapolis!” in an ode to Robin Williams in “Good Morning, Vietnam”? Just a little over-the-top, if you ask me.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)