Jan 6, 2014, 10:26 PM EST
According to a report from Jesse Martinez of KFOX14 in El Paso, the FBI is investigating two members of the UTEP men’s basketball team, believed to be suspended juniors McKenzie Moore and Jalen Ragland.
Moore and Ragland were each suspended indefinitely late in December and UTEP head coach Tim Floyd has been mum on the details ever since.
Floyd spoke to the El Paso Times in late December about the suspensions of Moore and Ragland and said, “The suspensions are indefinite. I don’t know how long they will last. It is based on a violation of team rules. I’m not able to talk about it right now but it will all come out eventually.”
Neither Floyd nor university officials at UTEP have commented on the reported FBI investigation.
Moore was UTEP’s leading scorer at the time of his suspension, averaging 13.1 points per game through the first 11 games of the season while Ragland averaged 3.7 points per game in nine games of action for the Miners. UTEP stands 10-5 on the season and is 4-0 since the suspensions to Moore and Ragland.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 0
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 0
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (4)
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? (3)