Jan 7, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Northwestern’s biggest player has decided to transfer.
Chier Ajou, a 7-foot-2 native of South Sudan and a cousin of Luol Deng, notified the Northwestern staff of his intention to leave.
“Chier informed us that he would like to seek another institution to continue his educational and playing opportunities,” Collins said in a statement. “We wish him nothing but the best.”
Ajou had played just two minutes this season. He played just 30 minutes as a freshman under Bill Carmody. According to his profile on the Northwestern athletics website, Ajou picked NU over Butler after playing high school ball at Culver Academies in Indiana.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1