Jan 7, 2014, 5:42 PM EST
Cam Biedscheid was accepted into Missouri on Tuesday afternoon, making the former Notre Dame forward a Tiger.
Our Rob Dauster had tweeted that he had heard Biedscheid’s had committed to Mizzou on Tuesday afternoon. Less than an hour later, Evan Daniels of Scout got Biedscheid on the phone, who confirmed the news himself.
“It’s just a good fit for me,” he told Daniels.
The 6-foot-7 Biedscheid played the 2012-2013 season for the Fighting Irish, averaging 6.2 points in 17.4 minutes per game. This season, he and head coach Mike Brey decided it be best for him to redshirt this year, in an effort to improve academically and athletically. On Dec. 23, the St. Louis native elected to transfer out of the Notre Dame program.
He joins four-star commits Jakeenan Grant and Namon Wright in the Tigers incoming class.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)