Jan 7, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
As if losing a game at No. 4 Wisconsin wasn’t enough, the Big Ten handed down their punishment for Fran McCaffery’s ejection on Sunday night.
The Iowa head coach will be suspended for one game and receive a public reprimand from the conference. The school received a $10,000 fine as well.
If you missed it, McCaffery was upset about his team’s lackadaisical start to the second half against the Badgers and tried to get a technical foul from one of the officials to light a fire under his team. But he lost control, bumping an official and earning a second technical, which earned him an ejection.
McCaffery will serve the suspension against Northwestern on Thursday. The best part? It was supposed to be Fran McCaffery bobblehead day.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)