Jan 7, 2014, 11:09 AM EST
As if losing a game at No. 4 Wisconsin wasn’t enough, the Big Ten handed down their punishment for Fran McCaffery’s ejection on Sunday night.
The Iowa head coach will be suspended for one game and receive a public reprimand from the conference. The school received a $10,000 fine as well.
If you missed it, McCaffery was upset about his team’s lackadaisical start to the second half against the Badgers and tried to get a technical foul from one of the officials to light a fire under his team. But he lost control, bumping an official and earning a second technical, which earned him an ejection.
McCaffery will serve the suspension against Northwestern on Thursday. The best part? It was supposed to be Fran McCaffery bobblehead day.
- Bubble Banter: Who will close out the regular season with a bid-earning win? 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)