Jan 7, 2014, 11:09 AM EST
As if losing a game at No. 4 Wisconsin wasn’t enough, the Big Ten handed down their punishment for Fran McCaffery’s ejection on Sunday night.
The Iowa head coach will be suspended for one game and receive a public reprimand from the conference. The school received a $10,000 fine as well.
If you missed it, McCaffery was upset about his team’s lackadaisical start to the second half against the Badgers and tried to get a technical foul from one of the officials to light a fire under his team. But he lost control, bumping an official and earning a second technical, which earned him an ejection.
McCaffery will serve the suspension against Northwestern on Thursday. The best part? It was supposed to be Fran McCaffery bobblehead day.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)