Jan 7, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
As if losing a game at No. 4 Wisconsin wasn’t enough, the Big Ten handed down their punishment for Fran McCaffery’s ejection on Sunday night.
The Iowa head coach will be suspended for one game and receive a public reprimand from the conference. The school received a $10,000 fine as well.
If you missed it, McCaffery was upset about his team’s lackadaisical start to the second half against the Badgers and tried to get a technical foul from one of the officials to light a fire under his team. But he lost control, bumping an official and earning a second technical, which earned him an ejection.
McCaffery will serve the suspension against Northwestern on Thursday. The best part? It was supposed to be Fran McCaffery bobblehead day.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)