Jan 7, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
As if losing a game at No. 4 Wisconsin wasn’t enough, the Big Ten handed down their punishment for Fran McCaffery’s ejection on Sunday night.
The Iowa head coach will be suspended for one game and receive a public reprimand from the conference. The school received a $10,000 fine as well.
If you missed it, McCaffery was upset about his team’s lackadaisical start to the second half against the Badgers and tried to get a technical foul from one of the officials to light a fire under his team. But he lost control, bumping an official and earning a second technical, which earned him an ejection.
McCaffery will serve the suspension against Northwestern on Thursday. The best part? It was supposed to be Fran McCaffery bobblehead day.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)