Jan 7, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Towson and point guard Jerome Hairston have officially parted ways, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
The 6-foot-3 sophomore was a member of the CAA all-rookie team after averaging 9.9 points as a freshman, but he was suspended back in late-November for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“We have suspended Jerome for conduct detrimental to the team,” said head coach Pat Skerry in a release at the time. “The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.”
He had only played five games this season.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)