Jan 7, 2014, 10:19 AM EST
Towson and point guard Jerome Hairston have officially parted ways, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
The 6-foot-3 sophomore was a member of the CAA all-rookie team after averaging 9.9 points as a freshman, but he was suspended back in late-November for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“We have suspended Jerome for conduct detrimental to the team,” said head coach Pat Skerry in a release at the time. “The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.”
He had only played five games this season.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)