Jan 7, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Towson and point guard Jerome Hairston have officially parted ways, according to a report from ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
The 6-foot-3 sophomore was a member of the CAA all-rookie team after averaging 9.9 points as a freshman, but he was suspended back in late-November for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“We have suspended Jerome for conduct detrimental to the team,” said head coach Pat Skerry in a release at the time. “The suspension is effective immediately and no other statements will be issued.”
He had only played five games this season.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)