Jan 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
This video doesn’t need an explanation as to why it’s awesome. It’s the epitome of what makes college sports great, and I’d be perfectly happy just leaving it at that.
I’ll give you an explanation anyway, because it’s interesting enough.
The guy leading that ‘Yes!’ chant? It’s Travis Jackson, the center on the football team. He was caught on camera doing the dance during the season, so the basketball team brought him out to lead the crowd in the chant, which was made famous by WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan.
Either way, it’s still awesome to see.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 12
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 6
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 (17)