Jan 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
This video doesn’t need an explanation as to why it’s awesome. It’s the epitome of what makes college sports great, and I’d be perfectly happy just leaving it at that.
I’ll give you an explanation anyway, because it’s interesting enough.
The guy leading that ‘Yes!’ chant? It’s Travis Jackson, the center on the football team. He was caught on camera doing the dance during the season, so the basketball team brought him out to lead the crowd in the chant, which was made famous by WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan.
Either way, it’s still awesome to see.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)