Jan 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
This video doesn’t need an explanation as to why it’s awesome. It’s the epitome of what makes college sports great, and I’d be perfectly happy just leaving it at that.
I’ll give you an explanation anyway, because it’s interesting enough.
The guy leading that ‘Yes!’ chant? It’s Travis Jackson, the center on the football team. He was caught on camera doing the dance during the season, so the basketball team brought him out to lead the crowd in the chant, which was made famous by WWE wrestler Daniel Bryan.
Either way, it’s still awesome to see.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)