Jan 8, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
John Beilein did a radio spot with the “Michigan Insider” show on WTKA 1050 AM on Wednesday morning and was asked about Mitch McGary’s back surgery, which took place on Tuesday.
“Went well,” Beilein said.
The surgery was to alleviate the pain in McGary’s lower back that had been hampering him since the offseason. He will be out of the lineup indefinitely and could miss the rest of the season.
McGary, who had been averaging 9.5 points and 8.3 rebounds while playing just under 25 minutes per in the eight games he played this season, posted the following picture on Instagram on Tuesday:
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)