Jan 8, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
John Beilein did a radio spot with the “Michigan Insider” show on WTKA 1050 AM on Wednesday morning and was asked about Mitch McGary’s back surgery, which took place on Tuesday.
“Went well,” Beilein said.
The surgery was to alleviate the pain in McGary’s lower back that had been hampering him since the offseason. He will be out of the lineup indefinitely and could miss the rest of the season.
McGary, who had been averaging 9.5 points and 8.3 rebounds while playing just under 25 minutes per in the eight games he played this season, posted the following picture on Instagram on Tuesday:
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)