Jan 8, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
John Beilein did a radio spot with the “Michigan Insider” show on WTKA 1050 AM on Wednesday morning and was asked about Mitch McGary’s back surgery, which took place on Tuesday.
“Went well,” Beilein said.
The surgery was to alleviate the pain in McGary’s lower back that had been hampering him since the offseason. He will be out of the lineup indefinitely and could miss the rest of the season.
McGary, who had been averaging 9.5 points and 8.3 rebounds while playing just under 25 minutes per in the eight games he played this season, posted the following picture on Instagram on Tuesday:
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)