Jan 8, 2014, 9:50 AM EST
John Beilein did a radio spot with the “Michigan Insider” show on WTKA 1050 AM on Wednesday morning and was asked about Mitch McGary’s back surgery, which took place on Tuesday.
“Went well,” Beilein said.
The surgery was to alleviate the pain in McGary’s lower back that had been hampering him since the offseason. He will be out of the lineup indefinitely and could miss the rest of the season.
McGary, who had been averaging 9.5 points and 8.3 rebounds while playing just under 25 minutes per in the eight games he played this season, posted the following picture on Instagram on Tuesday:
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)