Jan 8, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
John Beilein did a radio spot with the “Michigan Insider” show on WTKA 1050 AM on Wednesday morning and was asked about Mitch McGary’s back surgery, which took place on Tuesday.
“Went well,” Beilein said.
The surgery was to alleviate the pain in McGary’s lower back that had been hampering him since the offseason. He will be out of the lineup indefinitely and could miss the rest of the season.
McGary, who had been averaging 9.5 points and 8.3 rebounds while playing just under 25 minutes per in the eight games he played this season, posted the following picture on Instagram on Tuesday:
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)