Jan 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 5 Michigan State 72, No. 5 Ohio State 68 OT
The Spartans led by as many as 17 in the second half, but the Buckeyes ended regulation on a 20-3 run. In overtime Kenny Kaminski and Adreian Payne hit back-to-back Michigan State threes to go up four. With under two minutes to play, Sam Thompson tied the score with a triple of his own. Keith Appling responded with a top of the key three to give Sparty a 69-66 lead.
No. 9 Iowa State 87, No. 7 Baylor 72: DeAndre Kane is all you need to know from this one. Iowa State remains unbeaten.
No. 16 Duke 79, Georgia Tech 57: The Blue Devils gave up 30 points in the paint and held a one-point halftime lead, but behind Rodney Hood’s 15 second half points Duke pulled away to avoid a potential upset bid after a loss to Notre Dame.
Tennessee 68, LSU 50: The Volunteers went in and steamrolled the LSU Tigers.
DeAndre Kane, Iowa State: Game-high 30 points, nine assists, eight rebounds and five steals. He was the offense for much of the first half.
Jordair Jett, Saint Louis: The guard had 31 points and made a big defensive play late in the game to stop Xavier Munford from getting a shot off that could have given Rhode Island a last-second win.
Jarnell Stokes, Tennessee: In a big win over LSU, Stokes went for 15 points and 15 rebounds.
LaQuinton Ross, Ohio State: The Buckeyes need him to score but he went only 1-for-7 for five points.
Baylor: Committed 19 turnovers, and could not slow down Kane.
Notre Dame: Been a rough couple of weeks for the Fighting Irish. They lost Jerian Grant. They knocked off Duke, which they follow up with a home loss to North Carolina State.
REST OF THE TOP 25
- No. 2 Syracuse 72, Virginia Tech 52
- No. 25 Kansas State 65, TCU 47
- Boston University 55, Navy 32
- Saint Louis 59, Rhode Island 58
- Cincinnati 61, Houston 60
- Creighton 81, DePaul 62
- Alabama 68, Vanderbilt 63
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (43)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)