Jan 8, 2014, 10:39 AM EST
Anyone that read ‘Play Their Hearts Out’, George Dohrmann’s terrific look into the world of big-time AAU basketball, was rooting for Portland State’s Aaron Moore.
The senior forward had been through a lot during his young life, and it looked like he had bullied his way through it all. In his second season with the Vikings, he was averaging 11.8 points and 5.8 boards, which was actually down from the 13.2 points and 7.1 boards he averaged as a freshman.
But it has all reportedly come to an end.
Moore didn’t play in a loss to Weber State on Saturday, and according to PSU’s head coach Tyler Geving, it’s because Moore is no longer a member of the basketball program.
“You’ve got to just, at some point, draw your foot in the sand,” Geving told the Portland Tribune. “We’re going to move forward, and I still believe we’re going to be better for it, because Saturday night we played hard.”
“If you knew his background and what he’s about and what he’s gone through and where he is right now, boy, he’s made tremendous strides.” Geving added. “Unfortunately, he hasn’t made enough strides in certain areas, and that’s what’s been holding him back and that’s why I made the decision I decided to make. Because it’s going to be best for our team. And, at the end of the day, really, I think it’s what’s going to be best for our team. And really, it’s going to be what’s best for him.”
Moore has not been dismissed from school and Geving told the paper he will try to help Moore earn his degree.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)