Jan 8, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Ovie Soko is having a bit of a breakout season in his first year at Duquesne, averaging 18.1 points and 8.8 boards.
On Wednesday night, he went for 29 points and nine boards in an 87-81 win over Fordham, but that’s not what you’re going to hear about on Thursday morning.
This ridiculous, off-the-backboard dunk is.
How often do you see someone have the stones to throw an alley-oop like this?
At least once before in a Duquesne game (jump to the 1:03 mark):
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 30
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (30)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)