Jan 8, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Creighton got some good news to kick off the day, as the injury that Doug McDermott suffered to his shoulder in Tuesday’s win at DePaul was determined not to be serious.
He underwent an MRI on Wednesday. That MRI showed that he sprained a joint in his left shoulder, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. It’s not serious, and the soon-to-be three-time all-american should be in the lineup on Sunday against Xavier.
The Bluejays are still playing the waiting game, however.
McDermott wasn’t the only guy that got hurt last night. Sixth-year senior point guard and leader Grant Gibbs was on crutches after the game after hurting his right knee. The results of his MRI are not yet known.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)