Jan 8, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Creighton got some good news to kick off the day, as the injury that Doug McDermott suffered to his shoulder in Tuesday’s win at DePaul was determined not to be serious.
He underwent an MRI on Wednesday. That MRI showed that he sprained a joint in his left shoulder, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. It’s not serious, and the soon-to-be three-time all-american should be in the lineup on Sunday against Xavier.
The Bluejays are still playing the waiting game, however.
McDermott wasn’t the only guy that got hurt last night. Sixth-year senior point guard and leader Grant Gibbs was on crutches after the game after hurting his right knee. The results of his MRI are not yet known.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)