Jan 8, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
Creighton got some good news to kick off the day, as the injury that Doug McDermott suffered to his shoulder in Tuesday’s win at DePaul was determined not to be serious.
He underwent an MRI on Wednesday. That MRI showed that he sprained a joint in his left shoulder, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. It’s not serious, and the soon-to-be three-time all-american should be in the lineup on Sunday against Xavier.
The Bluejays are still playing the waiting game, however.
McDermott wasn’t the only guy that got hurt last night. Sixth-year senior point guard and leader Grant Gibbs was on crutches after the game after hurting his right knee. The results of his MRI are not yet known.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)