Jan 8, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
Creighton got some good news to kick off the day, as the injury that Doug McDermott suffered to his shoulder in Tuesday’s win at DePaul was determined not to be serious.
He underwent an MRI on Wednesday. That MRI showed that he sprained a joint in his left shoulder, according to a report from Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com. It’s not serious, and the soon-to-be three-time all-american should be in the lineup on Sunday against Xavier.
The Bluejays are still playing the waiting game, however.
McDermott wasn’t the only guy that got hurt last night. Sixth-year senior point guard and leader Grant Gibbs was on crutches after the game after hurting his right knee. The results of his MRI are not yet known.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)